Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!
View Poll Results: Is your Monte Carlo Safe ?
Yes, my Monte is Safe
66.67%
No, I need to do some work on it to be safe..
33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

==`Stop ~>===`Brakes======

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up ==`Stop ~>===`Brakes======

Hi Member's,
We all have to STOP Sometimes...Below is some great information on the Valvoline Site
~>Subject BRAKES What `if you can't STOP-- >?

Valvoline / Car Care / Automotive System / Brakes

Brakes
****On the below ARTICLES ~> Click ~ READ MORE
  • Pedals to the Metal A number of street rod companies offer fiberglass bodies and kits at various levels of completion. Many of the bare-bones basic kits don't come with all the parts needed to complete the car. That's... Read More
  • Somebody Stop Me Decades before Jim Carrey's now famous "Somebody stop me" line was uttered in the comic movie "The Mask," many drivers were probably thinking the same thing when braking their early Pontiac... Read More
  • Bench Bleeding Fresh air is normally a good thing, except when it's in your brake lines. Just a bit of the air that keeps us alive can cause a loss of pedal pressure when it travels through your brake hydraulic...Read More
  • Drum Brake Restoration Many restorers can only dream of taking their vehicle off the road to do a total ground-up restoration. For most it's too large a commitment of money, time and, quite frankly, the garage space to do...Read More
  • Better Braking Performance brakes might sound like an oxymoron—like jumbo shrimp, pretty ugly or happy Monday. "Performance" conjures up images of impressive forward motion, the ability to go from 0 -60 in... Read More
  • The Double-Flared Brake Line The double-flare hydraulic-line fitting is undoubtedly the most common type of connection used in automobile braking systems today, followed by the bubble flare found on many European vehicles....Read More
  • What's Stopping You? When you modify your vehicle with custom wheels and performance tires, you may need to upgrade your brakes at the same time. Stock brakes work fine with the factory rims and rubber, but as soon as... Read More
  • Big Brake Upgrade Out of all the upgrades and accessories on the market, one of the most practical items is one that you can't readily see—a front brake upgrade. Okay, maybe it won't turn heads like a new grille... Read More
  • Brake Fluid Like every race driver, I’ve experienced the heart-stopping feeling of failing brakes. When you’re going 145 and the next corner can be negotiated no faster than 47 mph, a racer must know the brakes... Read More
  • Bleeding Brakes Brake bleeding is one of the easiest, cheapest, and most effective forms of preventive maintenance for the do-it-yourselfer. Done every two years, completely renewing brake fluid will not only help... Read More
  • Replacing Brake Pads Brake pads should really be called friction pads. Brake pads use a combination of force and friction to slow the vehicle down when the brakes are applied. There are also brake shoes. The difference... Read More
  • Brake Noise You're cruising toward a column of cars waiting at a stoplight. You apply your brakes and are then rewarded with a sound that, like fingernails on a chalkboard, raises goose bumps on your... Read More
  • Replacement Rotors To get an idea of how the rotors and brake pads work on your vehicle, grab a paper plate and spin it on your finger. As it spins grab it with your other hand. It stops instantly. The spinning plate...Read More
  • Upgrading Factory Brakes If the time has come for you to R&R the brakes on your car, stop and think. How much can you improve the performance of the original setup? Will substituting high-performance aftermarket parts...Read More
  • Drum and Drummer Even though four-wheel disc-brake systems are the preferable way to go—or rather, stop—many vehicles still come equipped with front disc/rear drum systems. And while rear brakes only handle... Read More
  • ABS Speed Sensor Service One of the most common omissions in maintaining a modern Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) is checking out the speed sensors. These sensors are often located at each wheel hub/rotor on four-wheel disc... Read More
  • How Brakes Work Your vehicle's brake system is one of those things you only think about when it fouls up (or you do). Like when the service guy says, "You need your rotors ground and it's gonna cost $200," or you're... Read More

Last edited by Space; 12-15-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 AM

Hi Member's,
What type of brakes are you putting on your Monte as replacements ? ?
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...onte+Carlo+%3f

Please post & give your review ?

How many miles do you get on a set of pads ?

Thanks

Last edited by Space; 04-06-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:43 AM

Updated by request...Check out above links/article/Live/love & be able 2 STOP

Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 AM

Hi Member's,
Is your Monte Carlo SAFE ? ?
How are your brakes ?
When was the last time you checked you pads/air pressure in your tires ? Checked your hoses etc.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am running the BrakeMotive ebay setup. It's not IDEAL. But it was cheap enough for right now.

Definitely going to actually upgrade it in some way when I have a turbo powered Monte.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 AM

i have recently checked mine, and my rotors are gone!!! bad! and my tires, the front ones, are all balled, that means new tires, yep. i do want to go with the SSBC big break set up, or just all new breaks in general when i upgrade my wheels and tires.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive got new pads & camaro calipers on mine, EBC Redstuff brake pads, still havnt fully broken them in yet lol

Old 12-15-2011, 11:59 AM

Any other places where you can get a abs scan beside the dealership? I having problems with my abs making noise at startup and during normal braking. If i disconnect the abs all the noise goes away but then the abs is deactivated. i hope its not a problem with the module i hear they are expensive to replace

Old 12-15-2011, 05:54 PM

I used the acdelco advantage front and rear rotors, and Wagner severe duty brake pads front and back also. The front brake pad number is SX699 and the rears are SX813. The rear pads are actually for impala's with the police package. They have lasted 60,000 km's so far and look like new still. And I'm hard on my brakes, they are just that good.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:18 AM

Thanks Member's for your post(s) & votes in the poll.

I sure hope that new brakes & parts are on everyone Christmas wish list...& hope it's one of your next priority repairs/updates to your Monte Carlo...

It's great to go fast, but we all got 2 STOP...Sometimes/many times unexpected & sudden....Wish everyone a great brake system & safe STOPS 4-Sure...

Quick Reply: ==`Stop ~>===`Brakes======