Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Wake up mcf!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member
Default Wake up mcf!!

For the past few months i have noticed that there have been alot of people trying to get a get-together to happen. All i see is, I cant go cause of this and cant go cause of that. When i was living in LA, I got a club of TrailBlazer and Envoy owners that were in a forum, just like this one, and started a great thing there. And they are still meeting.

I was also involved with an AMC movement in SoCal when i owned my Hornet SportAbout. Same deal. Taken from a forum into the real world. There was only one club there and it was only for AMXs. I helped start another one that welcomed ALL AMCs.

Unfortunately, in those cases, i was kinda pushed to the side cause it guess i was no longer needed. I still visit those sites and see what they are up to in both clubs and get a small smile knowing that all my hard work is still going strong.

So here i am now in MCF and see that there is nothing organized here. Come on people. Everyone here talks about how much they love their cars and such, but is not willing to drive a bit to have a get-together. I even posted about having one in my area of the states and only one person responded. ONE PERSON! I see so many MCs here in Lawton and OKC that i cant, no, I refuse to believe that no one comes here. I even posted that i was willing to drive hours into TX to have a Meet and Greet. Hell, I'm even willing to drive to Kansas if i have to.

I even looked into the Monte Carlo Nationals and will become a paying member there so i can attend the show. I'm paying money out of my pocket to attend a show that's over 9 hrs from where i live cause i love ALL MCs. That's how serious i am about this car.

Ive always been a car person and i guess i will always be till the day i die. So come on people. Lets get this going. Don't just SAY that you want to, actually do it. If anyone wants to meet anywhere in the Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas area, Then lets do so. I'll bring the grill. meat, and soda. I'll have the family there also cause Lisa and Jonny are just as car crazy as i am. And if the food runs out, then we will head out to the market and get more.

Its summer time! Lets have some fun!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well said JJ!

I know the NMCOA has their Monte Nationals every year. And I'm a fan of the NMCOA and their hard work put toward organizing their meets. But that doesn't mean that the members here can't have regional meets.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that would be cool, but i live in pittsburgh, pa, it would be a long haul for me, btw, i have an uncle that lives in lawton, ok, i need a break from work one of these days, 40 years old is just right around the corner and it is gettin kinda scary, my daughter will be thirteen in july. wow life is passing me by way to fast! but now i'm in a sweet monte, see ya

chris #3 forever

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 05-07-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

That's kewl. I know that PA is a bit far, but i know that there are PLENTY of people that live in your area.

If you ever decide to come and visit your uncle, let me know. We can meet up. Who knows, i might be able to get more people involved also.

I know what you mean. my son is turning 12 in Oct, and soon he will be 18 and gone.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Cool "People who need People" : )

Hi `J.J.,
I understand your desire to meet with other's of
same/similar interest, like Monte Carlo owners.

I know I've met many member's that I would really
enjoy meeting, but the reality is that not everyone
has that opportunity, or funds to be able to travel.
Especially on a World Wide Forum

I can't remember the last time that I've had a day `off,
& what little time I have; I spend with my grandfather,
girlfriend, BeachBum's, and senior friends.
I miss being able to spend time with them,
but like everyone, we all have to do, what we all have
to `do, to survive & grow.

My business assignment to Kuwait was the first
time I traveled outside the State of Florida,
and I still don't get away from my Beach Community,
or outside the County I reside.

I do hope my future permits me the opportunity to travel,
and meet friends that I have met worldwide. Until then,
I am happy that I can connect to the outside World and
meet others on the Web. I sure have learned a lot about
people from my `web experience.

Maybe you should attempt to start a club in the Lawton, Ok
area, and give you a base club of operation.

Ok, I've learned, that I am way different then the majority,
and I hope there are member's that have the time/funds
to travel, like member `Cort (Mr Monte Man).
"2 dare to dream"

I guess really it all comes down to priorities. Mine are
taking care of my grandfather, getting a home, and another
Monte Carlo. Being true to self & life.

"People, people who need people...are the luckiest
people in our World"
4-Sure

your choice

Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 AM

I'm but a speck of dust in the vast universe. The stellar winds can guide my travels.

J.J., if U R just a speck of `Dust in this vast universe
we reside
I strongly Suggest that you stay away
from `Endust Oh, `No

There's goes another `Speck of Dust
lol

Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM

well u both have good points, JJ willing 2 got to belvidere, IL thats a car show and the furthest south im going this year. its on 6-21-09

address

871 rt. 76 belvidere, Illinois 61108

rain or shine general admission $5.00

Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 PM

I know what you guys mean. I have put on the Midwest Monte Carlo Gathering the last 2 years in the St. Louis area, with decent turnouts for both of them. Not huge but with gas being $4 a gallon last year I didn't really expect much. There are always plenty of people that like to "talk" about showing up that never do. I understand that some things in life are out of people's control and timing and location are never perfect. We have a pretty decent group of us around the St. Louis area to make it worthwhile but there seem to be a lot of others that are close to that location that just never seem to make it. I've kind of lost interest in a few of the local shows around me so the opportunity to put on an all monte carlo show was just what I needed to get excited about owning a monte carlo again. I have attended 7 of the last 8 NMCOA events as well and will be there this year too. Hope to see many of the people off this board and other boards as well at both these events this year.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 AM

Hi Rodney, great to see your posts/words.
If I had your SuperSuper 87 SS, I would really want to be
@ every show that I could attend.
My future dream is to attend the NMCOA meet, but
I've sav'in 4 that, and another Monte.
Look 4ward 2 your future posts & update.
Wish U & readers of this post a Super Weekend
to enjoy your AweSome Monte Carlo's