Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Starting my own local car club

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Default Starting my own local car club

A bunch of my friends and I were at a local car show the other day, and it popped in my head that we should make our own car club because we're all at the same high school. There are a bunch of other kids in my school that either know a lot about cars or parents have deep pocket books and get what looks purrty. So I wanted to see what kind of ideas you guys could think of to make it a little more legit, then just a bunch of kids driving around to car shows and occasionally hitting up the local drag strip? It would be cool if we could get the school to make it an official club, but it wouldn't matter to us if they didn't. I made a group on facebook already called the Anderson Car Club (my monte's the default pic xD) There is a pretty big custom car scene here and I know of a few up coming car shows I was planning on getting us out to.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 AM

first you need a name, this would be kind of hard but you can also find a local business to use, like bobs crabshack and you can roll with their logo during the shows and they get cheap publicity.

me and my friends called a company to use their logo for our airsoft club.

SALT LIFE http://www.saltlife.com/viewproduct....d=43&genderid=

we contacted the company and asked if we could use it, they directed me to community resources or something like that and they sent us 30 free stickers. The deal was that we would put these in the window of our cars while out and about in town and events. they get publicity for under 500, I used to live in florida where diving was a big thing and that was probably a good selling point.

other then that you need to have written rules so some a hat does not give your club a bad name. A contract would be good but I never had to worry about this, never had any people i did not know and trust.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:54 PM

I'm only allowing people that I feel wouldn't do anything to hurt our reputation. I can kick people out if it comes to that or deny them. One of the peoples parents own a used auto sales which is where most of our parts are ordered and put on for cheap anyways. So we might get ask them if they want some kind of publicity. Since it could potentially become a school club sticking with the schools name (Anderson) in the title sounds the simplest right now.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:18 PM

Hey `John,
Sounds like a great idea. ~ Anderson `High AutoClub ~
Keep us updated on how it works out 4 you.
I suggest gett'in 2gether with your friends
and writing up some club rules that everyone can
agree on...Good Luck from Space & the Bum's.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:21 PM

you will need to get a tax id for starters. then u need a charter (list of rules regulations requirements ect...) having a local business as a weekly meeting place would be great, a good group of members, and heres the biggie, dont act like a bunch of dumbasses cos that will get the cops on u hard no matter where you go. then after all that pick a name and just start doing your thing. having loyal members is a huge plus. ive done this more times then i can remember so anything u need contact me directly. as of this moment i took the 70 member myrtle beach carclub and ive made us 480 strong. and i still have my other club redlinerz i started back in virginia going strong and im running it from 300 miles away. so theres my creds let me know