Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Spring '13 Michigan - Great Lakes Meet & Greet, May 18, 2013

Old 01-13-2013, 05:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is a car show i go to in late may already so i would only have time to go to the mich. Meet, still thinking about it, free hotel all i gotta do is drive, would be a great road trip

Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
There is a car show i go to in late may already so i would only have time to go to the mich. Meet, still thinking about it, free hotel all i gotta do is drive, would be a great road trip
It would be nice to see you there Devin!

I've got both of our spring Meets that I'm planning on going to (Charlotte and Lane Auto), NMCOA Nationals, and then I'm assuming we'll have a fall Meet again as well that I would go to. In general, I'm planning on entering more shows this year and continuing attending the weekly cruise-ins I go to. Looking forward to it all!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM

10 Year Member

Alright been looking up hotels, any recommendations?
We were looking at either the Hampton inn in Lansing or the holiday inn right in Charlotte.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member

Alright been looking up hotels, any recommendations?
We were looking at either the Hampton inn in Lansing or the holiday inn right in Charlotte.
Devin, both Lansing and Charlotte are nice areas. Wayne and Tadd would be more familiar with lodging in those areas. There's Jackson too. I'd also recommend looking at Ann Arbor. It's not super close to the Meet location, but it's on the way for you coming from NY. About another hour to hour-and-a-half drive to Charlotte from Ann Arbor. Also, being in the Ann Arbor area, you could follow me to the Meet if you decide to do that.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Devin, both Lansing and Charlotte are nice areas. Wayne and Tadd would be more familiar with lodging in those areas. There's Jackson too. I'd also recommend looking at Ann Arbor. It's not super close to the Meet location, but it's on the way for you coming from NY. About another hour to hour-and-a-half drive to Charlotte from Ann Arbor. Also, being in the Ann Arbor area, you could follow me to the Meet if you decide to do that.
Thats a really good idea! will definitely make my day of driving shorter. Looked at the Hampton inn there and it looks decent plus we can use our free room.
Looks like a great area as well!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member

Thats a really good idea! will definitely make my day of driving shorter. Looked at the Hampton inn there and it looks decent plus we can use our free room.
Looks like a great area as well!
Yeah Ann Arbor is a very nice area. The city has two Hampton Inns so which one were you looking at? Let me know if you do decide to stay in Ann Arbor and we'll plan a meeting spot/time for that Saturday morning. Also, depending on how many others are coming to the Meet from the SE Michigan area, we could have a few others meet and make the trip with us.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM

Yeah Ann Arbor is a very nice area. The city has two Hampton Inns so which one were you looking at? Let me know if you do decide to stay in Ann Arbor and we'll plan a meeting spot/time for that Saturday morning. Also, depending on how many others are coming to the Meet from the SE Michigan area, we could have a few others meet and make the trip with us.
We would probably have to go with the Hampton on Victors Way; we don't have quite enough points for the free night in the other one. We're very close though, I'm looking into other ways to earn points. If we do end up with enough for the next reward category, we would have the Hilton Garden Inn in Ann Arbor as an option as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

if you don't mind Matt..count me in to roll with you to bennet park again!

Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SnakebiteSS
We would probably have to go with the Hampton on Victors Way; we don't have quite enough points for the free night in the other one. We're very close though, I'm looking into other ways to earn points. If we do end up with enough for the next reward category, we would have the Hilton Garden Inn in Ann Arbor as an option as well.
The Hampton Inn on Victors Way (near the mall) is the one I was going to recommend because it's right adjacent to I-94 and it's closer to where I'm at. The Hilton Garden Inn is brand new (just built and recently opened) and is literally right next to the mall. These two hotels are only about 3/4 of a mile apart. Great area, lots of shopping and restaurants.

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
if you don't mind Matt..count me in to roll with you to bennet park again!
Will do, sounds good David!

Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 PM

10 Year Member

So we are definitely going to make the haul out! Looking forward to the trip! Staying the the hampton inn in Ann arbor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spring '13 Michigan - Great Lakes Meet & Greet, May 18, 2013