Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Seattle

Any Monte owners in Seattle area? Any car clubs there?

Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm in Seattle. There's lots of car clubs, but I haven't been a member of one in over 10 years so I don't know which are still around or of any new ones that may have come about.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Seattle Club GP is still active as far as I know (Seattle Club Grand Prix • Home [ Guest ]). I am a member of Portland Club GP.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 PM

What 76MonteMan said. I'm also a member of Portland Club GP.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Default web site

Do they have a web site? I'l be there permanatly starting March 12 but VERY busy opening our new office. Either one of my cars wont be ready till end of April. Any gatherings or shows after May 1st? By the by, thanks for the replys. I've never lived west of the Mississippi. Is it really as nice as they say it is out there?

Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bblackstone
Do they have a web site?
Seattle Club GP: seaclubgp.com/forum
Portland Club GP: pdxcgp.com/forum

Any gatherings or shows after May 1st?
Not sure about the Seattle club. I am the current events coordinator for the Portland Club. I have no information for any car shows yet, but I post on the forum whenever I get the information. Unfortunately, last year wasn't very active for car shows because everybody was more concerned with bracket racing. Hopefully that changes this year. We usually hold 1 bracket race per month from March to September or October, depending on if an event was rained out. Usually on the first Saturday of the month we have a club gathering called a "Mod Day" at someones house. Its a time to work on/mod cars or just hang out with a pot-luck lunch. We also usually have 1 or 2 club cruises per year. At the end of the year, we hold a "Year End Holiday Party." I would suggest that you sign up on both boards.

I've never lived west of the Mississippi. Is it really as nice as they say it is out there?
Um... IMO, during late June to mid-September whenever it isn't raining. LOL!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Default I'm here

OK! I'm here. My office is in Sumner WA. and my house will be somewere on the West side of the pugunt sound. (sorry about the spelling. Feel free to correct me. My spell check is not working)Lets talk street racing. I see signs in Sumner. Street racing free. Where do you/we street race? Any course racing for the novice? If not that. How about pilon racing? Any of that?
Car club shows? Mix car shows? I'm almost ready. Let's get this years show going.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

LOL...I think you meant Puget Sound. Your office is about 40 miles South of my location in Seattle. I'm not familiar with the street scene in the Puyallup/Bonney Lake area so I'm not any help there. The Puyallup Fair Grounds (<-link) hosts car shows. I know that Goodguys usually holds a show there during the summer. Northwest Classic Auto (<-link) also lists a lot of events. Pacific Raceway (<-link) isn't too far from you either. They host a lot of the NHRA events. I'd also check them out for course racing.

Last edited by 03SSLE; 03-21-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
LOL...I think you meant Puget Sound. Your office is about 40 miles South of my location in Seattle. I'm not familiar with the street scene in the Puyallup/Bonney Lake area so I'm not any help there. The Puyallup Fair Grounds (<-link) hosts car shows. I know that Goodguys usually holds a show there during the summer. Northwest Classic Auto (<-link) also lists a lot of events. Pacific Raceway (<-link) isn't too far from you either. They host a lot of the NHRA events. I'd also check them out for course racing.

HEY!!!! I was close on the spelling. LOL!!!! The Puyallup fair grounds I went past today. About 5.8 miles from my office. Good place to bring 014 Pace Car. Show her off a bit. I'm sure she will get some dog wundering head turns. Thanks on the NHRA information. My wife loves Nascar as I do. Hopefully she will dig drag racing too.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

what? you move to seattle? why?

Quick Reply: Seattle