Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Peeps in the Midwest =D (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/peeps-midwest-%3Dd-16904/)

SpinEm_90 11-01-2009 09:27 PM

Peeps in the Midwest =D

Heyy guys! So I feel kinda lonely down here in Florida since like few to none of the members are around this area (lol) but there are a ton it seems like near the area I'm from (aka Missouri) soooo I know this is really early but would anyone in the Midwest be down to maybe finding a place in Missouri or Illinois to get together over the summer (since i'm bringing my car up there in the summer) to chill and what not??? If anyone is interest most def let me know so I can start planning =D thanks!

nemesis 11-01-2009 10:11 PM

july 25, 2010

this was from last year, but as far as i know it's held july 25
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11167

jarheadbobandmax 11-01-2009 10:15 PM

midwestern gathering

Brittany I know we have a large group up here in the northeastern corner of Illinios & southeastern Wisconsin who will attemp to meet up during the show season. we'll keep in touch. Jarhead :D

SpinEm_90 11-01-2009 10:19 PM

cool cool. it may be hard for me to come ALL the way up to northern IL just bcuz i'll already be rackin up tons of miles on my car from driving it up from florida in the first place but i'll see what i can do for sure =D

locknload 11-01-2009 10:38 PM

That sounds like a good time. I wish it was not such a long haul from western new york.

jarheadbobandmax 11-02-2009 07:38 AM

Brittany theres always St louis , Springfield, Rockford, Peoria and the list could go on. Chicago area shows are fine but we should also see what there is down state or closer to your area. What area of missery are you from? I did three months of heavy equiptment school playing in the clay down at Ft. leonardwood and a few weekends in the Osarks as well as a few nights down on the waterfront under the arch..very kool. Jarhead

SpinEm_90 11-02-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax (Post 173988)
Brittany theres always St louis , Springfield, Rockford, Peoria and the list could go on. Chicago area shows are fine but we should also see what there is down state or closer to your area. What area of missery are you from? I did three months of heavy equiptment school playing in the clay down at Ft. leonardwood and a few weekends in the Osarks as well as a few nights down on the waterfront under the arch..very kool. Jarhead

Well Saint Louis would be the easiest for me most def since I only live like an hour from there lol. I was actually born in Saint Louis county but I lived in Troy for over 13 years but my parents now live in Wentzville so yeah kinda in that area is what i'm most familiar with but i'm willing to go down closer to Saint Louis or maybe we could meet at Midnight Madness or something else across the river (but not in East Saint Louis lol) I'm not super comfortable in the city but like I said I'm willing to go closer for a meet up.

Really? My b/f Blake is based at Ft. Leonardwood right now.

jimbo7 11-02-2009 11:04 AM

hey i'm from wentzville!

SpinEm_90 11-02-2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by jimbo7 (Post 174055)
hey i'm from wentzville!

ha really? my parents just moved there in like june or july of this past summer. but i use to go there all the time to chill and shop at best buy or target

thumpingetocar06 11-02-2009 03:15 PM

Ill travel down to southern wi and northern IL!!! Let me know!!

jarheadbobandmax 11-02-2009 03:31 PM

we know thumpin! thats why were considering going further south...........LOL

03JGMonte 11-02-2009 03:41 PM

it would be awesome to meet up at midnight madness nxt summer im there all the time & it be good to have a few montes there, but im up for anything in the midwest

jarheadbobandmax 11-02-2009 03:59 PM

what is this???????????????????

:confused:

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 174096)
it would be awesome to meet up at midnight madness nxt summer im there all the time & it be good to have a few montes there, but im up for anything in the midwest

:confused:
Hey kids speak to me as if I were an ole fart.....what is Midnight madness? and where is midnight madness? :eek:

03JGMonte 11-02-2009 04:24 PM

Midnight Madness is where Gateway International Raceways Dragstrip in Madison Ill is open for the public to run there own cars in the 1/4 mile or drifting, its held during the summer usually once a month on a friday night, costs $15 to enter & $25 to race, gates open at 8pm & racing starts at 9pm & goes on till 2am

jarheadbobandmax 11-02-2009 04:34 PM

sssshhhhhhh

don't let Silver know about this!!!:)

03JGMonte 11-02-2009 05:05 PM

yeah its fun times i say everyone should come out if there in the area, weather u race or not its always fun, ill post more info when it gets close for it to open up again & let everyone know

SpinEm_90 11-02-2009 09:38 PM

yeah i know i love midnight madness! i've race my car there only once and it wasn't shifting right at all =[ too hot and humid i guess for the S/C but yeah its a hell of a good time! i'm most def gonna go there whenever i visit missouri next summer =] but i'm hoping to at least have some mods on it before i do all that ya know

oh and mike what part of missouri are you from?

nemesis 11-02-2009 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax (Post 174112)
don't let Silver know about this!!!:)

sounds fun i'm in, lol.

thumpingetocar06 11-03-2009 10:20 AM

jarhead! c mon now lol, I voted for you and thats all I get?? lol Hopefully we can all me up at the MC nationals ne way!

sonin66 11-03-2009 12:02 PM

what about Ohio, plenty of people here waiting for some fun to happen

nemesis 11-03-2009 12:48 PM

how about Branson, missouri grand prix and all widebody meet? i was the only mc that went this year. that would be cool bunches of us show up and out number the grand prix, lol. doubt if that will ever happen.

SpinEm_90 11-03-2009 01:49 PM

hmm we got people from all over on here lol. maybe we should look into someplace near the middle of illinois. the branson thing is cool, i use to go there all the time whenever i was younger. but i really do like the midnight madness thing a lot too and we could like all do something too before MM so its like an all day event ya know. but then again idk if that's close enough for people in northern illinois and ohio people lol. hmmm this is gonna be harder then i thought lol

03JGMonte 11-03-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90 (Post 174151)
yeah i know i love midnight madness! i've race my car there only once and it wasn't shifting right at all =[ too hot and humid i guess for the S/C but yeah its a hell of a good time! i'm most def gonna go there whenever i visit missouri next summer =] but i'm hoping to at least have some mods on it before i do all that ya know

oh and mike what part of missouri are you from?

Im from the small town of Fredericktown, its like 70miles south of STL

SpinEm_90 11-03-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 174317)
Im from the small town of Fredericktown, its like 70miles south of STL

ohh got cha. so you're probably around 2ish hours away from where i'm from then.

03JGMonte 11-03-2009 08:23 PM

it takes me about an hour to get to south county so, probly

Scooby doo 11-03-2009 09:01 PM

Brittany,
If you are doing the work to set this up, then make it easy on yourself.
Do it in St Charles or somewhere not to far from you.

I told you about the Fbody Club I am in here in STL and we do meets at parks a few times a year.

We tend to have 2 meeting spots and then cruise to a middle location and then run all the cars to the park together. The drive is always fun usually 20 or more cruising in a line gets the attention.

Year before last we even cruised to the Sky View Drive in movie in Belleville, that was really cool.

Keep it simple let me know I hope to be there...

cjp_ejp30 11-03-2009 10:11 PM

count me in also, im here in south st louie. MM is always a blast the last one i went to i watched a friend of mine do a great wheel stand in his 67 camaro it was awesome. here is a video of his stand :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN1Ud7q8l8M

jarheadbobandmax 11-04-2009 07:59 AM

reality coppers

Originally Posted by sonin66 (Post 174268)
what about Ohio, plenty of people here waiting for some fun to happen

You may have a point Chris, I enjoy watching the cop doc shows like cops, 48hrs , forensic files and so on and I must say the majority of the episodes seem to be based in either Cleveland or Cinncinati.....sounds like plenty of fun around you. Do you have conseal carry in Ohio? LOL=D :eek:

Chevy Commando 11-11-2009 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt (Post 174277)
how about Branson, missouri grand prix and all widebody meet? i was the only mc that went this year. that would be cool bunches of us show up and out number the grand prix, lol. doubt if that will ever happen.

You will not be this coming up year. The MC is getting some goodies when I have the money in preps for the next Branson meet. There will be lest two MC's down there this time :P

Are you all talking about a one day event or a weekend event? I am just wondering because if it was a weekend event I might be able to go. My biggest thing is driving 4+ hours to a city I don't know in hopes of finding people that I will be meeting for the first time :P But if it was a weekend thing then I might do it depending on money etc.