Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

My 2nd Carshow

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Photobucket
Default My 2nd Carshow

ty sheep lover d00d

Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 AM

..WoW..Free Water & Naked Pictures & $1 Drinks & Free Chicken Bog & Rides WoW~ Wee's `ChrisDood...Hope we have member's close that can attend. Good Luck and we hope U win again for yourself & your Monte Carlo Family...

Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Photobucket

ty space d00d, steelmalu is in the same city and a few others are only a couple hrs away. unfortunatly even if i win i wont accept it since im the one hosting the show LOL. ill have my Roush F150 & my monte at the show to raise money. last show i had 4 days notice and 15 cars, now i have 2 months to spread the word i believe ill have a great showing. hope to see some of yall there

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What a fantastic looking flyer...

Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 AM

I may be late but when is this car show going on? i just got back on the monte forum the other day so i may be outta the loop.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by steelmalu43
I may be late but when is this car show going on? i just got back on the monte forum the other day so i may be outta the loop.
read the flier goofy LOL

Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM

LOL, what's a Chicken Bog?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:50 PM

I was about to ask that same thing! LOL I am from MN though so I guess maybe that is a SOUTH thing but I have never been to a Chicken Bog before lol.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
I was about to ask that same thing! LOL I am from MN though so I guess maybe that is a SOUTH thing but I have never been to a Chicken Bog before lol.

according to google searching -

What is a Chicken Bog? “While anecdotal evidence exists that the name ‘chicken bog’ was related to the “boggy” nature of its home, the Pee Dee, in his book Stews, Bogs and Burgoos, southern writer, James Villas claims that a ‘bog’ (unlike a pilau) is any stew that includes wet, soggy rice. ‘Pilau’ more commonly know as pilaf is a dish consisting of sautéed and seasoned or steamed rice often prepared with meat, shellfish or vegetables.

Karen Hess, author of the benchmark work, The Carolina Rice Kitchen, describes chicken bog as “a pilau made in large batches, which would always cause it to end up wet.” Culinary historian Damon Lee Fowler defines chicken bog as “a highly localized form of pilau, probably of African provenance, in the U.S. found only in South Carolina.” Traditionally, the only ingredients are chicken, rice, sausage, and onions, seasoned with salt and plenty of black pepper.

Whether a bog is a bog or a soggy pilau, this one-course dish remains the stuff of South Carolina legends. The bog even has its own festival, the annual Loris Bog-Off Festival, which pits bog chefs against each other in an annual chicken bog cooking contest. Started in 1979 and held every October, the festival features a parade, arts, crafts, games, local bands and gospel singing.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Photobucket

its pretty much a stew, u put rice, corn, snaps, taters, chicken, beef.....ect whatever you want and let it slow cook and holy god its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. you definately need to try it no matter what.

Quick Reply: My 2nd Carshow