Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Michigan MMCC Spring Great Lakes Meet - May 31, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Might be in Grand rapids around this time. Maybe I can tag along with someone. Would love too meet some more members and see some beautiful montes.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Might be in Grand rapids around this time. Maybe I can tag along with someone. Would love too meet some more members and see some beautiful montes.
David there is a Gentleman that does come from Grand Rapids.. If he happens to chime in between now and then.. I will do my best to hook you 2 up!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 PM

Sure hope I can make it seeing all the different things people have done I'd really love to see the array in person. Hopefully I'll have a few more things done to my car by then and I can come

Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM

I'll see what the upcoming months hold for me.

My '01 SS is a total out of Illinois and I bought it knowing that it would be a project car. I'm also starting to wonder if this car (or the owner) were at one time on this forum. Dude that owned it before me painted the engine cover orange, painted the engine bay braces (not sure what they are called exactly) orange, put an orange "intimidator" strut mount across the back of the engine bay, installed a cold air intake filter, put Konig lace rims on it. I think he was trying to make it into an "intimidator" as the trunk was replaced with one from an '02 intimidator. But there is of course no supercharger.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Jason (Black06MonteSS) is in Grand Rapids, I'll have to get in touch with him. I haven't heard from him yet but I'm sure he'll more than likely be attending.

Originally Posted by michelob
My '01 SS is a total out of Illinois and I bought it knowing that it would be a project car.
How much work are you looking at with the car?

Again, hope you all can make it.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-28-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
How much work are you looking at with the car?
Its actually done for the most part. When I bought it the check engine light was lit up like a Christmas tree. LOL It was drivable but I knew it had a salvage title and they whipped it back together pretty quick and cut corners on a LOT of things.

So far I've put in a new catalytic converter, new o2 sensors, new thermostat, new flexpipe, new flywheel/flexplate, new passenger side control arm, new tie rod ends, new drivers side control arm in a couple weeks, had it dropped by a tow truck driver but it worked out for the better 'cause the insurance company ended up taking care of some dents.

Pretty much all that's left is to "hardwire" the ABS from the hub to the engine side. My nephew said as long as he's got a reading from the wires and salt and corrosion hasn't ruined them he'll simply "hardwire" it from the hub to the engine side. If i ever need a new hub I'll have to "cut" that wire again but I'll worry about that when/if the time comes. Might do some little things like the coolant temp sensor and coolant level sensor, PCV valve, and I think I need a new upper radiator hose I think mine has a pin hole in it. Oh and recharge the A/C and fix the defroster that needs soldered in the back window. But just little nuisances left at this point.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by michelob
Its actually done for the most part. When I bought it the check engine light was lit up like a Christmas tree. LOL It was drivable but I knew it had a salvage title and they whipped it back together pretty quick and cut corners on a LOT of things.

So far I've put in a new catalytic converter, new o2 sensors, new thermostat, new flexpipe, new flywheel/flexplate, new passenger side control arm, new tie rod ends, new drivers side control arm in a couple weeks, had it dropped by a tow truck driver but it worked out for the better 'cause the insurance company ended up taking care of some dents.

Pretty much all that's left is to "hardwire" the ABS from the hub to the engine side. My nephew said as long as he's got a reading from the wires and salt and corrosion hasn't ruined them he'll simply "hardwire" it from the hub to the engine side. If i ever need a new hub I'll have to "cut" that wire again but I'll worry about that when/if the time comes. Might do some little things like the coolant temp sensor and coolant level sensor, PCV valve, and I think I need a new upper radiator hose I think mine has a pin hole in it. Oh and recharge the A/C and fix the defroster that needs soldered in the back window. But just little nuisances left at this point.
Doesn't sound like too much. Good luck with the rest of the work. If it's good to go by the Meet you should definitely try to make it out.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Count me in! Can't wait for this snow to go away and for it to warm up and start driving my monte again.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Black06MonteSS
Count me in! Can't wait for this snow to go away and for it to warm up and start driving my monte again.
Sounds good Jason and, yes, spring can't get here fast enough!

Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 AM
10 Year Member

98 days and counting!

Quick Reply: Michigan MMCC Spring Great Lakes Meet - May 31, 2014