Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio Car Show - Aug 31, 2013 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/mentor-lake-ohio-car-show-aug-31-2013-a-44191/)

The_Maniac 08-14-2013 05:56 AM

Awesome! More the merrier!! We have one other local car show I plan to attend in October.

I also plan to where the custom "The_Maniac" T-shirt I had made for when I went to the GM Nationals (so for those who don't know me, I'll be easier to spot).

Now, I just have to get my Monte all show ready!!

KCFITZ78 08-14-2013 02:08 PM

Hmmmmmmm .... almost 3 hr drive / 150 miles one way???? I will think about it. :thinking:

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

The_Maniac 08-14-2013 05:06 PM

If you are willing to make it, awesome!!

I really hope we can get some MCF members to this little show!! :)

And for those who do make it, I hope to meet each of you (hence part of the reason I will be wearing a shirt showing my screen name, helps make me easier to spot).

The_Maniac 08-20-2013 11:59 AM

We're getting closer to the date of the show. Figured I'd bump this thread. I also added a list in posting #1 of members who informed they are coming out or might be coming out to this show.

It's small, but fun!

I just have to hope my Monte will 100% completed from the body shop fixing it (hit-n-run from the GM Nationals).

03SSChevyFun 08-20-2013 12:17 PM

Dude, im sorry to hear about that accdent. I'm hoping to have my monte as done as it can be as well. I can't afford rear brakes right now, but I am going to try to repaint my calipers and a few other detail things before the show. Good luck with the repar and hope to see you there!

The_Maniac 08-20-2013 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun (Post 565549)
Dude, im sorry to hear about that accdent. I'm hoping to have my monte as done as it can be as well.

Thanks man. It's something I want way behind me (when packing up to leave our hotel is when I found out about the accident). I have not driven the Monte since late June, the body shop has had the Monte at least a month's worth of days.....
These little bumps in life will get better. Sooner they can fix my Monte and make it right the sooner this bump disappears in the rear view of life :thumbsup:

Regardless, I am anxious for the show :)

03SSChevyFun 08-20-2013 06:10 PM

I know what that feels like, for sure. I hit a deer last year and went insane without her. Also, I have a question/suggestion. For those MCF members who will be attending, what about making a cruise out of it after the show ends? There are plenty of nice back country roads not too far from the area, and after all, it will only be 3 in the afternoon. Before delving into details, Maniac, and anyone else, what do y'all think?

The_Maniac 08-20-2013 10:47 PM

We could certainly do something after the show. Maybe go to a local restaurant and grab a bite to eat, maybe stop at a local site for some picks (one of the sites where I had one of my favorite pics was Squire's Castle, I wanna say about 20-30 minutes from where the car show is.

But we can certainly come up with something.

STUMPMI 08-21-2013 07:33 AM

Sounds like a plan Jason!:thumbsup:

STUMPMI 08-21-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78 (Post 564637)
Hmmmmmmm .... almost 3 hr drive / 150 miles one way???? I will think about it. :thinking:

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

Its about 182 miles for me...
alittle over 3 hrs..... But im going to attend!:thumbsup:
Maybe we could meet in Toledo and cruise the rest of the way together?