Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Jackson Rd Cruise MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Jackson Rd Cruise MI

This year is the 4th Annual Jackson Road Cruise on Saturday, July 14, 2012. This cruise & show is located on the west side of ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN. Each year has seen a growth in the amount of people and cars, and I heard last year was huge. I have yet to attend since the first cruise but am planning on taking the Monte this year for the first time. There's a Chevrolet dealership along the route that opens the front half of its lot to show cars, and I'll most likely show mine there. Other locations along Jackson Rd. do the same. Jackson Rd. is two lanes in each direction and has a seven mile boulevard portion. Large concentration of auto dealerships along this route, aka "Ann Arbor Auto Mall".

Visit the cruise's website at:

Jackson Road Cruise: Home

Registration is free and allows parking to show vehicle at multiple locations along Jackson Rd. Check-in begins 9am the morning of the cruise.

Hope to see some MCF members there!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 PM

i may go to this, i need to check how long of a drive it is. can you just show up and jump in the cruise?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd like to go not far from me.... we need to get a diffinate place to meet...chevy dealer sounds like a plus!

Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by PUNK LIFE
i may go to this, i need to check how long of a drive it is. can you just show up and jump in the cruise?
As far as I know, yeah you can just show up and cruise and all. However, registration is free and literally takes 30 seconds, so I'd go to the website and register your car just to be safe. I've never been to this so I can't say anything for sure. I already registered my car.

Cruise information:

-Registration and Public Admission is free.

-Show is open to those who wish to exhibit their foreign or domestic, classic, custom, rod, hybrid, electric, motorcycles, bicycles, tractors or trucks.

-There will be “CheckPoint” locations to display cars along the Boulevard, with each having its own program.

-“For Sale” signs are allowed.

-Car Clubs registering will get preferred locations together. < If we get a good enough group, Monte Carlo Forum?

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
I'd like to go not far from me.... we need to get a diffinate place to meet...chevy dealer sounds like a plus!
Yeah that would be cool if we could get a group of us together and show our Montes and cruise together. Starts at 9am so maybe we could plan on meeting somewhere off site a bit earlier, then roll up there? It's like 25 minutes from me so I'm definitely going and plan on showing at the Chevrolet dealership. I talked with a few of the guys that run the body shop there, Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
As far as I know, yeah you can just show up and cruise and all. However, registration is free and literally takes 30 seconds, so I'd go to the website and register your car just to be safe. I've never been to this so I can't say anything for sure. I already registered my car.

Cruise information:

-Registration and Public Admission is free.

-Show is open to those who wish to exhibit their foreign or domestic, classic, custom, rod, hybrid, electric, motorcycles, bicycles, tractors or trucks.

-There will be “CheckPoint” locations to display cars along the Boulevard, with each having its own program.

-“For Sale” signs are allowed.

-Car Clubs registering will get preferred locations together. < If we get a good enough group, Monte Carlo Forum?

Yeah that would be cool if we could get a group of us together and show our Montes and cruise together. Starts at 9am so maybe we could plan on meeting somewhere off site a bit earlier, then roll up there? It's like 25 minutes from me so I'm definitely going and plan on showing at the Chevrolet dealership. I talked with a few of the guys that run the body shop there, Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor.
Sounds good.. Iam not too familar with the area so just suggest a place to meet and we can cruise up to the chevy dealer

Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Sounds good.. Iam not too familar with the area so just suggest a place to meet and we can cruise up to the chevy dealer
Alright sounds good! I'll finalize that when the cruise date, Saturday July 14, gets closer. Somewhere like a Tim Horton's or similar maybe, since it'll be early morning. Just throwing that out as an initial option.

Others are welcome to join!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Alright sounds good! I'll finalize that when the cruise date, Saturday July 14, gets closer. Somewhere like a Tim Horton's or similar maybe, since it'll be early morning. Just throwing that out as an initial option.

Others are welcome to join!
Strong coffie before a car show/cruise sound great!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM

ok this sounds like fun, im scheduling the 14th off work tomorrow morn, might be a 45min drive for me but oh well

Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member

Okay there's four of us as of today. That'd be cool if we could get at least a few more. Anyone else that wants to tag along let me know so I have a rough idea as to how many of us there will be. Thanks

Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member

May be a problem now for me now.
Michigan International Speedway car show is July 14th in Onstead MI @ MIS Speedway.

Will see as the date comes closer

Quick Reply: Jackson Rd Cruise MI