Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

GM Show and Shine (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default GM Show and Shine (Canada)

GM Powertrain Show n' Shine Date & Time

^^ Click it.

I think it would be sweet if some of our neighbors to the north, or even fellow members that live NEAR Canada were able to make it to this event. Would be sweet to see some pictures from it

Here's looking at you Taz

Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Thanks for posting this Mike.

It's in St Catharines, Ontario. Which is close enough for people in NY also. I'm seriously considering this. Sounds like a nice weekend get away. It would also be great to meet some of the Monte owners from that area. This is a good opportunity to have Montes of all generations make their presence known. Keep the Monte name in people's minds, and maybe someday GM will finally bring it back. Like they did the Camaro.

The only thing I need to think about is the drive. For me, coming from Windsor, it's a 4 hour drive each way. On highways that are notorious for being straight, flat, and boring. Nothing but corn and soybean fields. And heavily patrolled by police who live to nail speeders.

If I can get past the idea of 8 hours of boring driving, I'll be there.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

It's a shame the cops like to sit there, up where I used to live Open Flat highways with mountains all around was fun to take at very ... um... legal speeds.

I hope to see lots of pictures from this event, make it

Old 07-08-2011, 11:39 AM

Taz ~>`Lou,
If you can go ~> you should go 4-Sure...How can 8 hours in your Monte Carlo ever get boring You need a break & to get out on the highways & blow the carbon out of your SuperCharged Engine...
Auto Show Registration Friday August 5, 2011

The date for the GM Powertrain St. Catharines Auto Show Event is Friday August 5th. 2011. Last year we had over 500 vehicles registered. The Show and Shine is open to all GM powered vehicles and there will be plant tours available. The first 250 arriving at the show will receive complimentary Goody Bags so don't delay, register today! You can also sign up for a special limited tour of the Engine Dyno Lab.

Please go to: GMPowertrain.ca - Register here for the 2010 GM Powertrain St. Catharines Car Show. to register for the event! And be sure to sign up on the list below here as well so we know how many from our club will be attending!

st. catharines ontario - Google Maps
Click to view Map
St. Catharines— City
From top left: The corner of St. Paul and Queen streets, the Silver Spire United Church on St. Paul, a ship traversing the Welland Canal with the Garden City Skyway in the background, the lighthouse of Port Dalhousie, the Arthur Schmon Tower of Brock University, and the gazebo in Montebello Park
====================================
I sure wish that I was in a postion to `go
Thanks Mod `Mike 4 Posting & sharing with Member's.
Peace/Happiness 2 the reader(s)

Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

4 1/2 hour drive for me. I would love to go, but I doubt I could get the time off from work!

Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I looked into this Show n Shine a little more. I don't think my 6th gen Monte would be very welcome there. Looks like they're more interested in classic and antique GM cars. That's fine for generations 1-4 Montes. But 6th gens seem to be too modern for this. Looks like the only modern cars going to be there are the new Camaros.

Like someone said in another thread:

I don't want to be a part of any car show that I'm not wanted at.
I just can't justify driving 4 hours each way, paying for gas, food, and accomodations to go to a Show n Shine I'm not really wanted at anyway.

I think this would be great for anyone with a gen 1 to 4 Monte though.