Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Kentucky Bowling Green,KY (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Bowling Green,KY (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's

Ok I had a bunch of fun today. Drove up to the (NMCOA) meet in Bowling Green, KY and got to meet P343, Mel, Tad. As truck drivers would say there was a Sh*t load of Monte Carlo's there and from various Generations also.
I have a few photo's I am going to post and when the others get a chance they will surely post some too. Barb was working on cleaning her Monte's
Trunk and the last photo has the 4 of us for a Kodak moment.

Attached Thumbnails Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9821z.jpg   Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9719.jpg   Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9758.jpg   Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9778x.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-27-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: photos
Old 06-27-2015, 10:19 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

We are hanging out in the parking lot still. Lol. Had a great time today and of course you got the shot of my climbing out of my trunk from cleaning it. Lol. Glad i did because they were all over that car!!! Well I am going to head to the car and go to sleep. Glad you got to come and hang out with us!! It was great meeting you :-)

Old 06-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great pics "Dale"!
Nice to finally be able to put a face to the "Username".
And Barbara, nice rear end (The car that is). No "junk in the trunk"

Wish I were there

Last edited by plumbob; 06-27-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-27-2015, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Ok I had a bunch of fun today. Drove up to the (NMCOA) meet in Bowling Green, KY and got to meet P343, Mel, Tad. As truck drivers would say there was a Sh*t load of Monte Carlo's there and from various Generations also.
I have a few photo's I am going to post and when the others get a chance they will surely post some too. Barb was working on cleaning her Monte's
Trunk and the last photo has the 4 of us for a Kodak moment.

You dog DriverNumber3! Your sneaking off to a cool event like this, your a crazy as the other 3 you were with in the photo! Great pics, love the Kodak minute. Glad you made the drive, you will probably never see that many Monte's at one place again. Super effort you made to make it to an event this huge!! Job well done!

Mel I like that you have the 6th Gen Monte Crest on your shirt, your one of a kind Monte looks dead on sharp s all hell.

Tad you Mr. Laid back, shorts, shades and your head gear all sitting up high, cool. Your Monte had to get a fair amount of attention too, it is so well thought out, nice presentation.

Barbara where did you get your shirt? Looks like it was supplied by DriverNumber3! See he is sneaky, slipped in an snapped a picture of you working, least you can show your boss your not all play. Wish you could of had your 84 there but then you would have been the odd man out in the photo shot. It was fate, it's actually looks pretty good for a DD. You have spirit making the show! Glad to have you here on the forum as a Mod. You have heart!

Old 06-28-2015, 12:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Hey what a cool event. Wish I could've went. Nice pic of the four of y'all. Looks like y'all known each other your whole lives. Funny how our cars can do that.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:43 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks plumbob. Lol. I try to keep the rear ends as nice as possible. Lol
Greg-I have had the shirt for many years. Bought it before dale died.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile a Few more candid pics

Gregg, you are giving me way to much credit here I happen to working in Tennessee for a little bit and this was so close I had to go up and check it out. I had my Black Chevy Cruze rental don't think they would have let me show it . Barb already had the shirt. She indicated that she had met the real Dale several times before. She said I was missing the southern accent so I will need to practice my y'all's
I was really amazed at all the varieties of Montes at the show, there was even a fellow from Norfolk, NE that brought down an 87 SS he said they Trailered it down.
Then I met this guy who had a 7th Gen Monte and he said it was Customized by Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet. He told me it appraised at $65K ....wow that was interesting. It's always great to actually meet people in person. I am thinking that when people see the pics of me they think some one is good with photo shop.
I was kind of embarrassed after I had met Tad and Mel I roamed around the area and took more photos and then when I got back and before we were going to take the group photo Mel had put his Hat and Shades on and I didn't recognize him at first. He is the master of disguise. ha

Attached Thumbnails Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9772.jpg   Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9771zx.jpg   Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-dscf9774.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-28-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: photos
Old 06-28-2015, 09:18 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Waiting on church services to be done then it will be the awards ceremony. Got the car all ready for the trip home. I will post all of my pics when I get home because I cannot post pics from this phone. I have TONS of pics. Might put them on my webpage or photobucket so I can make them a slideshow.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Nice pics Dale's twin.

Looks like an incredible turnout it would be so cool to be there enjoying it.

Safe drive home everyone

Old 06-28-2015, 06:01 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I am home and man am I tired!!!! LOL
Well there is awesome news... MCF rocked at the Monte Nationals!!!!
Tadd won a trophy for Gold Class
Mel got a trophy for winner of class 10 AND Peoples Choice (Two trophies)
and I got a trophy for Class 8 winner.
Congrats Tadd and Mel...your cars are just awesome!!!!!! BTW Your wives are a blast to be around too!! Tell them we will now have to make it an annual thing that the ladies take a road trip to CVS!!! LOL They will know what I mean LMAO
Next years Nationals are in Ohio. It's near Columbus in a town that starts with a P but I can't remember the name.
Had a great time and met a lot of cool people and saw so many sweet Montes!!!
Ok so here is my trophy. I am sure Mel and Tadd will get theirs posted when they get home.

Attached Thumbnails Bowling Green,KY  (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's-class-8-winner.jpg  

Last edited by P343; 06-28-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Kentucky Bowling Green,KY (NMCOA) Meet Monte Pic's