Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Boost For Boobies!!! 4/28/2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Boost For Boobies!!! 4/28/2012

Raising money for breast cancer education, awareness, and the search for a cure

It's about that time of year again to get your cars out of the garage and finish up any projects you started over the winter. Join us at MAPerformance for our 3rd Annual Boost for Boobies and support a great cause while figuring out if all that money you spent on parts was really worth it! We will once again have cars dynoing all day long, the smell of the grill taking over the parking lot & our famous Boost for Boobies t-shirts on sale. Remember that all proceeds from this event are donated so tell all your friends and come on out!
Please do your part and help share this event with your friends and family! In 2011 we raised over 11K for cancer research, who thinks we can raise 15K in 2012?
If people are interested and the weather cooperates this year we would like to add a caravan down to University after the event. If you'd like to display your car in the Show N' Shine or B4B Power Cruise stay tuned for details on preregistration!
Show some love and become a fan of Boost For Boobies on Facebook today!

WHEN

Saturday April 28th Starting at 10:00am until we run out of cars
Car Show: Noon-5pm

WHAT

Dyno Day and Show N' Shine with all proceeds going to cancer research!
3 dyno pulls starting as low as $50 (dyno graphs will be available for download from our blog/website)

Free NOS Energy Drinks

Food & Beverages for sale

Silent Auction

Door prizes & more!

PLEASE REMEMBER EVERYTHING IS CASH ONLY

Registration for the 30 available Boost For Boobies dyno spots will be help in an auction style format the day of the event this year with hopes of raising the most money possible for this great cause. The day will be split in half with auctions occurring at 9:45am for the 15 early dyno spots and 2:00pm for the 15 late dyno spots. Bidding will start at $50 and increase in $5 increments should there be multiple people interested in the same time slot.
Plan to show up late? That's exactly why we split to day in half, if you miss the 9:45am auction you will have another shot at securing a dyno spot at 2pm! Don't want to wait around all day hoping to get on the dyno? This will work to your benefit, immediately following the auction all of the winners will be guaranteed their time slot, all you have to do is be the highest bidder!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member

I plan to go to this, i know it's super short notice sorry. i didn't even know about it till yesterday, one thing i am happy to support is anything to do with breast cancer as my mom was is a survivor year 3 from it

Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM

i was supposed to go to this with a group of people from Sioux Falls, but my buddy's 85 turbo 383 Firebird isn't done, and one of my other friends built Grand Prix's blew up yesterday, crap luck for me but have fun

Old 04-28-2012, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member

It was a bit of a wash... Litterialy, was raining today, I still went out there but was not impressed with anything, a lot of just dare I say kinda junky cars, anywhere there was to be out of the elements where full to the brim, so bought my boost for boobies's t-shirt walked around for a little bit and left