Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   MCF Website Problems & Issues (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/)
-   -   Sigs, Avatars, garage, etc... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/sigs-avatars-garage-etc-47100/)

IB Jose 02-04-2014 12:34 PM

Hey Mike,

We've been having some spotty issues with attachments on some of our other sites, so this might be another case. As far as the Friends List goes, I honestly don't know why it would disappear (as well as other information that you've put in).

In some cases with Windows 8 and IE11, users have reported sporadic issues with VB--and although there are only a few of them, we're guessing there might be some compatibility issues with Java that can create user-end problems.

If any ads are causing your browser to crash, or are causing loading problems, please take a screenshot and send it my way. They're just supposed to be there--not actually break browsers and cause problems for our users. I'll forward to our ad team to get that sorted and fixed.

I'd love to get all this sorted for you, Mike--please give me all the details that you've got!

nitehawkjcb 02-04-2014 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I haven't tried to upload anything since you looked at the account, but what about all the info and pics that disappeared? My friends list is empty, all my attachments are gone and some of the pics are gone.

I have also had the problem of no or delayed email notification, but you explained that so it's been resolved.

One of the biggest problems I have with IB forums is the advertising. My browser always hangs when the ad in the header or the one just below the drop down menu try to load. When it does it literally fills my browser history with a URL for the ad. This is not isolated to this particular forum. It happens at ALL the IB forms I go to.

Compatibility mode makes no difference. My browser works fine at any web site or forum I go to with the exception of the IB forums. The browser/history problem has been ongoing for quite some time, but info disappearing from the User CP is a new one...and quite frustrating. Why go through all the time and effort to post info and pics about myself and my car if they are just going to disappear? Since nobody else seems to be having these problems, and there is nothing wrong with my browser it tends to make one wonder. And even if it was a browser problem, how would that relate to info and pics disappearing?

First and foremost, uninstall old versions of Java and install the newest. (Java 7 update 51)

Use a different browser and see if it hangs. (Firefox, Chrome)

If it doesn't, you need to reset your IE browser. If that still doesn't work, you should probably do a system file checker and maybe a chkdsk. Couldn't hurt to check for adware/spyware/malware either.

Now about the erased garage pics or your information, that can only be a few things. Either you were modifying your pics/garage and something went wrong, there was a problem with the website, or someone hacked your account - which I doubt anybody would do. Just my 2 cent.

Taz 02-04-2014 02:53 PM

In any problem, I find it sometimes helps to know what lead into the problem. What happened just before the problems started? Any changes or upgrades to your system and such?

Thanks also to Jose from IB for looking into this.

IB Jose 02-04-2014 05:28 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/2t9sDPrlvFpdK/giphy.gif

Taz 02-04-2014 09:24 PM

Uh... Okay. :wtf:

Right back at ya!

03SSLE 02-05-2014 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb (Post 595015)
First and foremost, uninstall old versions of Java and install the newest. (Java 7 update 51)

Use a different browser and see if it hangs. (Firefox, Chrome)

If it doesn't, you need to reset your IE browser. If that still doesn't work, you should probably do a system file checker and maybe a chkdsk. Couldn't hurt to check for adware/spyware/malware either.

Now about the erased garage pics or your information, that can only be a few things. Either you were modifying your pics/garage and something went wrong, there was a problem with the website, or someone hacked your account - which I doubt anybody would do. Just my 2 cent.

Thanks for the tips, nitehawk. I appreciate your input, but all your suggestions were tried before I finally decided to post about the problem(s). I did go into my user cp to change my sig pic, but it wouldn't take. I went to my user cp the next day and that's when I discovered the missing info and pics.

At this point (since most of my garage is now gone anyway) I think I'm just going to clean out everything except basic description and host my pics offsite.

Taz 02-05-2014 08:22 AM

Sorry you're having so many problems Mike. This is a strange one. I don't recall seeing anything like this happen before without it being virus related. I don't want to alarm anyone. If you said your system scanned clean, then you're fine. And I can assure you that the servers are constantly updated and scanned for EVERYTHING possible.

Hopefully this can be taken care of soon.

I've seen a few times when the forum's operating system was updated, and some of the settings and options default to something different than what we're used to here. The techs have always found the problem, and fixed it. This may be another situation like that.

IB Jose 02-06-2014 11:43 AM

I've asked around, and MonteCarloForum has not been under the knife for any notable upgrades or server migrations recently. As far as I'm aware, I don't believe it will be in the near future so in terms of operating system glitches and small bugs that happen during our "services", I believe MCF is pretty safe for the time being.

Mike, if you want to try adding me into your friends list to test the feature, we could definitely give a shot.

80Monte 01-10-2015 07:48 AM

Thanks Taz! Your tip on post #5 of this thread resolved the issue of my signature image not showing as well. Guess I'm becoming dangerously comfortable with this site now as a newbie. :)