MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Official NAME CHANGE THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
Alright... I wanna change mine to taz lmao... j/k.
No you're not.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 PM

I had a thought shortly after I created my account.
Would like to change my username to:
DuSSt

Instead of it currently as DustSS

Thanks a bunch!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Done.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am considering changing my name to "PrinceSS Anastasia" I have not fully committed to it yet though. Is that too many letters?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I don't know. But why would you want to call yourself PrinceSS Anastasia?

I think you should keep in mind, many new members (guys) would assume you're a girl, and hit on you.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 PM

love this thread lol i like my name but may change it once i have fully thought it over and picked the one i like, and the thinking ur a girl thing is so true there is a member on here who I forgot the username of but his signature always said something like number one slow coupe molly chambers and i always thought he was a girl, im sure hes a guy hope im not wrong lol but I didnt hit on him i just made the mistake of thinking it was a female, by the way if this member reads this no offense man

Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 AM

can you change my name to Maw?

please & thanks

Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Slightly off topic, but can someone explain the red bar under the username in a post. Can that be modified or is that a changing title based on your post/member level? Mine now reads 'naturally aspirated'. Tanx.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nichols2k
Slightly off topic, but can someone explain the red bar under the username in a post. Can that be modified or is that a changing title based on your post/member level? Mine now reads 'naturally aspirated'. Tanx.
It's called a "User Title". It's a changing title based on your post/member level. As you can see under my user name, mine reads Administrator. I made them up custom for the forum using an online service. I have made up some custom ones for a few people, like the moderators. Which is why the moderators all have different titles. I can make some more up (must be reasonable, and within the forum rules -- no profanity, etc.). But I don't want to be changing someone's user title ever few days.

The same goes for user names. I have no problem changing people's User Name. But please don't make it a habit.

I can certainly understand people wanting to change names. Sometimes a name sounded good when you signed up, but now doesn't seem so good. Or like Monte04LS, your user name is very similar to another member or a member who got banned. And you want to avoid confusion.

User names depend on availability of course. But if the user name you want is already taken, hope is not lost! Many people sign up, never use their account (0 posts), and abandon their account. If the user name you want belongs to one of these abandoned accounts, I can re-assign that name to your account at my discretion. The forum Administrators have the right to deny or allow any user names.

We will not allow any official sounding user names or titles that make you sound like forum staff!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MaT-Monte
can you change my name to Maw?

please & thanks
Before I change it, and mess up your ability to log in. Do you want your new user name to be...

"Maw"
"Maw-Monte" (with the dash)
"Maw Monte" (with out the dash)

Quick Reply: Official NAME CHANGE THREAD!!!