MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Monte of the month

Old 03-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Default Monte of the month

Has anyone ever thought about adding a monte of the month type deal?

Old 03-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Default RE: Monte of the month

I agree we should get together and try to find the Monte of teh week more so than the month that way everyone has a chance to make it. I'll like to be on that committee

Old 03-20-2005, 11:36 AM

That sounds like a cool idea. Maybe Patrick could put together a thread dedicated to a thread to a "Monte of The Month" page...

TVW

Old 03-20-2005, 12:15 PM

gentlemen, you are in luck....the MCOTM is one of the things i am looking into...i dont know about "week" because for one, its alot of work to change the page to reflect it every week, and we dont have enough regular members to do the weekly setup..but the monthly deal is now in the works...[8D]

Old 03-20-2005, 02:04 PM

Killer now yer talking, let me know if you need any help.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:35 PM

heres my idea gentlemen...during the last week or so of the month...there will be a few cars nominated...lets say no more than 4...it could be as few as one...but anyway...we have a public nomination setup....followed by a 5 or so day voting period...oncwe we get it rolling, say someone is elected the may MCOTM...the following months nominations can begin immdeadiately...and at some point, i will close the nominations, and voting shall begin...

to get nominated, the user must have pictures IN THEIR FORUM GALLERY...once the voting begins, nominated users are permitted/encouraged to post more pictures in the voting thread...the winner will have their picture posted on the right side of the forum below the top 10 posters list...

i have seen a this system run elsewhere, and it worked Very well...any ideas?

Old 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM

What happens if the same car is picked for two consecutive months. Or will there be another vote....?[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 03-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Sounds like a good idea Patrick.... My photo gallery is updated and ready to go.

When do we kick this thing off??

TVW

Old 03-20-2005, 06:23 PM

to do it right, there has to be some update work done to the site (things that i unfortunately dont have the ability or clearance to do yet. but once it is updated to run, there wil be a pic of your car on the right below the top 10 list...but that little section needs to be added...

once you win, you cant win rigth away again...lets say, youre exempt from winning for 2 months...it wont be an issue wonce we get more members....honestly, i really like the idea, so i will work on getting it rolling...

Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 AM

Ah take your time a few more days wont hurt a thing. Just let me know when you are ready so I can send upload some pics to you...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monte of the month