MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

MCF School

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow MCF School

Hi `Members
Welcome to Monte Carlo University

To make your visit/experience better, more `fun on our
Monte Carlo Forum
Click the below link, and go to our

Monte Carlo Forum Class

Board FAQ

Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links below to find your way around.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/faq.php

click above link

There will be a test later

`Space keeps on flunking it

Last edited by Space; 03-12-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: To help members : )
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by KidSpace

There will be a test later

`Space keeps on flunking it

uh oh, i'm in big trouble. i don't test well! besides i've been out of school for *cough* years, you can't make me go back

Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Smile Professor Jamie ChevySSgirl : )

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl

uh oh, i'm in big trouble. i don't test well! besides i've been out of school for *cough* years, you can't make me go back

LOL ~ LOL `Jamie
"The World is just one big stage, and we are all just actors upon it"

Since you have already helped so many members :p Maybe
you could be our `Teacher/Instructor/Mentor.
Teach us all how 2 Race the Monte Carlo

I nominate Professor `Jamie for MCF Teacher/Instructor
How'ie do `it
[/CENTER]

Last edited by Space; 03-12-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Cause I made another mistake, & it's fun : )
Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Since you have already helped so many members :p Maybe
you could be our `Teacher/Instructor/Mentor.
Teach us all how 2 Race the Monte Carlo

I nominate Professor `Jamie for MCF Teacher/Instructor

How'ie do `it
[/center]
hahaha, well thanks space! i probably could teach you how to drive a racecar on an oval track, or how to gun it off the line to beat some know-it-all teenager, but i'd have to hand the reins over to Cory (blue86monte) when it comes to teaching you how to drag race. he's a pro!

oddly enough one night i wanted to see how far i could get my speedo, we have a highway where there is a good 2-mile stretch that is flat and straight and no one was around so i put it to the floor and got just over 120 before i got nervous and let off. i'm used to being strapped in with a 5-point harness and a helmet and firesuit when i'm going that fast!!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
oddly enough one night i wanted to see how far i could get my speedo, we have a highway where there is a good 2-mile stretch that is flat and straight and no one was around so i put it to the floor and got just over 120 before i got nervous and let off. i'm used to being strapped in with a 5-point harness and a helmet and firesuit when i'm going that fast!!
Next time wear the helmet and firesuit. If you get pulled over by a cop, ask him "What? This isn't pit row?"

Jamie Lynn, I looked at the pics in your photo gallery. I never knew that the Tony Stewart edition had the lettering and numbers in the guage cluster in the same font as Tony's #20. That's frickin cool. I wish Chevy would have done similar on the Dale Jr edition. It would be nice to have my guage cluster lettered and numbered in DEI's font. Especially having the 3's and 8's in the correct font.

Now if you will all excuse me, I have to go study for Space's test at
Forum University. :p

Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey i remember that dash though, looks different though, mine was never under the 80 mark lol

Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by wiz kidd
hey i remember that dash though, looks different though, mine was never under the 80 mark lol
the day i went to test-drive it at the dealership, i noticed (not until i was on my way back there after driving for about 10 minutes mind you) that the speedometer was showing somewhere in the 110-120 mph range. i was really going around 40 mph. though it was pretty cool it was still showing 60 mph when the car was OFF. needless to say i had them change that out before i bought it.

i love that they did that with the font, it totally gives a unique effect to the dash.

Originally Posted by taz
Next time wear the helmet and firesuit. If you get pulled over by a cop, ask him "What? This isn't pit row?"
LMAO!!! that's a good one!!

i did get pulled over once (and so far, just once in this car!!! knock wood!!) by a female cop for doing 87 in a 45 (i honestly thought the speed limit was 55, not that that justifies it, but i was heading to the track for work and i was running late as usual). she commented on how she liked my car and asked me where i was going. when i told her the racetrack, she near lost it. she laughed and told me to slow down until i actually got there. she said something to the effect of "i know it looks like a racecar but you gotta be careful around here." she must have either been in a really good mood that day, or she was a Stewart fan, because she didn't give me the $500 ticket i should have gotten. she knocked it down to 10 mph over the speed limit which worked out to about $150. thaaaank you!!!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

LOL thats awesome.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

$500 ticket!!!

my 25mph over was only $180

Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
$500 ticket!!!

my 25mph over was only $180

i was doing almost double the speed limit though. which in this state means bracelets. i kept it under 90 for a reason

Quick Reply: MCF School