MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

How To Post Pictures on MCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When you're logged into photobucket, click the green "Upload" button. When you get to the upload screen, look for the "Customize your upload options" link near the top, right-center of the page. Click the link. When the popup screen comes up, set the upload size to 800x600 and click save. This will automatically re-size new pictures that you upload to your photobucket. It only re-sizes if the picture is larger than 800x600. If it's smaller, it will remain the smaller size.

I should add, in order to do this, you may need to enable popups in your web browser.

When I post from photobucket, I usually click the "Direct Link" and paste the direct link into the Insert Image icon.

Click on the direct link. This copies the link.

When you're replying to a post, click the Insert Image icon. This doesn't work if you use the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page. You must use the "New Reply" or "Quote" button inside someone's post.

This is the popup that appears when you click the Insert Image icon. You will have to delete the "http://" that's already pre-typed in the box. So the box looks like the one below...

When it looks like this, you're ready to paste the direct link you copied from photobucket. Simply put your mouse over the text area and right click. When you right click the mouse, select "paste". When done correctly, it should look something like this...

At this point, click "Ok". Your picture should appear in your post.

I gave a little more info than you probably needed. But I thought I would go the detailed route for anyone else reading this who made need step by step instructions.

By the way... In the first picture I posted you can see some of the alternate staff user titles that were considered. And hopefully this is the only time you see the "banned" user title.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
What exactly was your issue? Where were they saying they were too big and what kind of camera does your wife have, like how many megapixels?

Here on the site they only allow a certain size photo, which is difficult sometimes especially since just decent cameras being sold today are 12MP and higher, they make rather large files.

So it's nice that photobucket resizes for you automatically
She has a new sony and i didnt use potobucket Took off file on computer but it worked

Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Uploading pictures from your computer to your posts is extremely restrictive. The forum restricts picture sizes to less than 100 kB (approx) file size. It also severely reduces your picture quality to the point of making any text in your pictures unreadable.

I only upload pics to the forum if I don't really care about quality or if the file size is already small enough to begin with. Pictures that I really care about, I link from photobucket.

We keep mentioning photobucket here. So far they still offer free webhosting for your pics. There are other sites out there also. But you have to be careful. Some sites like to claim ownership of all your pictures once you upload them. Other sites like cardomain don't allow you to link your pictures to another website/forum. So if you're a professional photographer, you'll want to read the terms of any photo hosting site before uploading. But for 99% of us, that's not an issue.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Hey taz, can you move that post right after mine? or else if you want feel free to add it to the bottom of my post

Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I'll add it to the bottom of your post Mitch. I'll do it after work tomorrow. Gotta head out now.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I'll add it to the bottom of your post Mitch. I'll do it after work tomorrow. Gotta head out now.
I did it for ya, if there's anything you wanna change feel free to go ahead and do it

Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Cool. Thanks man!

Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 PM

or you can send your self the image in an email open picture in a new tab and just copy and paste the link. shortcut i use

Old 12-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bowtiebandit23
or you can send your self the image in an email open picture in a new tab and just copy and paste the link. shortcut i use

worked pretty good in the 'post a pic of yourself' thread.......

Originally Posted by bowtiebandit23
heres my ugly mug sporting a shirt with my favorite beer..and i dont really remember the night of this picture but there's a 99% chance theres coors light in that cup to

Old 06-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Question, one of the pictures I uploaded here is turned sideways, it wasn't from photobucket but a direct upload, on my computer it looks normal.
Is it a size issue or something?
How can I adjust it to upload without turning sideways?
Thanks if anyone knows a answer

Quick Reply: How To Post Pictures on MCF