MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Help fixing power in passenger door

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Default Help fixing power in passenger door

Recently it rained 3 days in a row and my passenger door was full of water. Now the power window or unlock doesn't work. What do I need to do to fix the problem

Old 01-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

First you need to clear the drain holes (2) on the bottom of the door. They are at the front and rear corners under the weatherstripping. Just bend back the stripping enough to reveal the holes and poke a small straw or something like that through them. Be proactive and clear the drivers side door while you're at it. Now, the water not draining out of the door is not likely what caused the power window and door switches to fail. That's probably because they got wet from water intrusion around the inside widow seal along the sill. Might need a new seal there. The switches might just start working again after they dry out, or a fuse may have blown. those fuses are in the driver side fuse compartment at the left side of dash. You'll see the cover after you open the door and look on the end of the dash. The diagram showing the position of the fuses is on the back side of that cover. Check the diagram, if those fuses aren't on the driver side they're in the passenger side fuse compartment at the opposite end of the dash. If that doesn't work, post back for more info. on how to remove the door panel and check switches.

Last edited by plumbob; 01-16-2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-16-2016, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the help. I'll have to switch out out the fuses.