MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Area threads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Default Area threads?

I was just getting a feel on how everyone felt about having a folder or threads for local areas. For example, I am in NJ, sooooo, my region would be Northeast and would include all of new england, PA, NY, NJ and etc. This way, local areas might be able to set up meet and greets and any other local problems/topics/tips. Also helps out with certain shop....all around good idea to do in my mind

Old 05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: Area threads?

sounds like a good idea to me

Old 06-13-2007, 06:10 PM

You didn't really get alot of feedback on this subject, but of course I'll put in my .02 cents.

I think it would be a great idea if we get a really good turnout for each section.

Like most other sites, one region is huge and the others are not to much.

Just an idea.. I'd go for it and see what happends....

Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM

thanks for bringing it back

True, but even if one section is busy, it served it's purpose. It helps organizes local things. If there is only 1 person in the South West section, it sucks, but that's how it is unfortantly.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 PM

But who is going to keep track of it all? The mods have plenty to do, heck I can't even check all the posts in an hour without skipping most of them, because of what the T itle is. (stupid censor)

Would be best if you could arrange for one main contact of that particular area/thread, and have them moderate it. I've seen this done on other boards, and very successfully if I don't say so myself.

I'd just be worried that the least populated areas would get ignored, while more popular ones would be so busy it'd be hard to keep track of, because this type of thread on its own seems to attract more off-topic discussions(events, hey i'm from blah anyone from near here?, anyone going to x car show?, etc), as it doesn't really pertain to a specific subject, other than the particulararea at hand.

Overall great idea, but would probably be a hoop or two.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 PM

You stated a fix for it already.

Each region would have a regional mod where the mod only has "powers" in that area. If one area is very popular, that area gets 2/3/4 regional mod. if there isn't enough mods, expand to people that are willing to help mod. I would certainly be willing to help mod and I am sure others would too.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

if you look @ the number of active member's it wouldn't really make that much sense just because there's less than 50 of us i think, and we're so scattered out, we'd have 1-3or 4 people in each area

i could see this workin on a forum of like 400-500 people or more, i just dont think there's enough people on this site

you know what that means though, get out and spread the word, every monte you see, tell them about this site, and maybe they'll come check us out

Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 AM

i nominate myself mod for my area hahaha

Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 AM

but on the other hand, if new members/guests see things like local area threads, it will prob interest them to sign up or become more active.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

good one chris i was waiting for that! lol

Quick Reply: Area threads?