Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

xm radio with aftermarket cd player

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:46 PM
jpe
Default xm radio with aftermarket cd player

i want to remove my factory radio and install my pioneer cd player(i think it isdeh-p680mp)that is suppose to be able to use xm radio.how is xm hooked up to the factory radio and how do i hook it up to my cd player?thanks

Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: xm radio with aftermarket cd player

You have to use a Pioneer XM tuner with the Pioneer deck. NOTHING aftermarket is compatible with the factory XM tuner. The factory XM antenna IS compatible with the Pioneer XM tuner, but the cable end is different.

BTW, XM is available for $5/month, if you ask for that deal, and available for that for 12 months! Now THATS a deal! Check out this thread. I'm LucysDaddy there.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...m-radio-45501/

I dont know is Sirius offers the same deal, but they should, since they are as of yesterday, programming wise, now one and the same. Channels changed names, and channels added to both services. I have Sirius active, but have both, and will switch to XM if Sirius wont offer the same pricing, altho Sirius has NASCAR, and XM has it as "Best of Sirius" only, which costs more! Maybe in the future? Personally I like the programming on Sirius better.

Here are the channel lineups. They have merged them SO much, they are almost the same! Looks like most of the music programming has come from Sirius Radio, but not all. Truly the best of both now! Appears things like sports, NASCAR or Indy Cars, and Martha Stewart or Howard Stearn might be the major differences, but music is appearing mostly all the same.

http://xmradio.com/pdf/channel_guide.pdf

http://www.sirius.com/pdf/channelguide.pdf

Old 11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

xm is very good, im running the xpressez (cheapo ik lol) through the cassette player. But as far as i know youll have to get a separate antenna for the xm radio on your cd player.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM

I just connected sirius with my panasonic head unit. Its super easy, just run a couple wires, the attena, and plug it in the back. I havent got to listen to it yet though.LOL I spent all my money on the unit and the sirius box, and i ran out of cash to buy the service. Hopefully someday soon.