Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

what type of front speakers do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Default what type of front speakers do you have?

I'm looking at replacing my front door speakers. If people on the board could put what they've installed and how the installation went it would help allot in making my decision on what to get. I'm thinking of getting some 6.5 inch kicker component speakers but I'm open to anything thats good. I basically don't want to go through allot of modifications on installing them. I have an 07 with the basic system.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:25 AM

Are you going to be using the stock radio or a new head unit? Are you going to amp the speakers? And if you're, how much wattage is it going to be pushing? Speakers should be matched to the amp, if you're getting one, so they won't sound distorted if under powered or get blown if over powered. Don't go for max wattage, but match the speakers to the RMS ratting of the amp.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM

I'm going to keep the stock head unit so I retain the steering wheel controls which I really like. I already replaced the rear 6x9's with some kickers and was really disgusted on the cheapness of the stock speakers.
I'm not going to run an amp for now but I might in the future. I just want a little better sound right now.
The rears are equivalant on loudness but sound better.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM

I'm thinking of installing something close to this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR-...fAudioQ5fVideo

Old 01-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Some tips: Make sure you get 6.5" component speakers. Other than that, just go to a bunch of different places and listen to as many sets as you can. Actally listening to them yourself is the only way you'll really know for sure if you like them or not. You can take recomendations from other members and read reviews online, but sound is very opinion based, so what other people like, you may not. Also, don't pick a set because it is the cheapest or most expensive offered from a certain brand. Different brands of strengths and weaknesses, so just pick whatever is best for you, regardless of who makes them.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

what did you get in the rear? and how do you like them so far?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM

kicker makes nice speakers, good choice. hi i personally got a set of memphis 6.5 comps in the front. i had to get them profesionally installed because they were too deep. not sure how deep they are but there is a simple fix. you can get precut mdf speaker ring spacers, cut them to desired thickness and counterbore your screw holes. if i new thats all i had to do i would have done myself but audio places wont tell you how to do there job.

but then again you may not have that problem and be just fine who knows. gl to whatever goes in.

and i too run off the stock headunit, its hard to find a head unit with a 6 disc in it nowadays.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM

I have PPI356CS components

Old 01-23-2010, 07:33 PM

I love the 6.5 alpine type R but I have the infinity kappas 3way speakers and I love them the best I ever heard so far I have them on a 4 channel kicker zx350.4

Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by mak330
kicker makes nice speakers, good choice. hi i personally got a set of memphis 6.5 comps in the front. i had to get them profesionally installed because they were too deep. not sure how deep they are but there is a simple fix. you can get precut mdf speaker ring spacers, cut them to desired thickness and counterbore your screw holes. if i new thats all i had to do i would have done myself but audio places wont tell you how to do there job.

but then again you may not have that problem and be just fine who knows. gl to whatever goes in.

and i too run off the stock headunit, its hard to find a head unit with a 6 disc in it nowadays.
Thanks for the info. That's what's great about this board. The more info I get now the smoother the install will go.

Quick Reply: what type of front speakers do you have?