Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

US Speedo Gauge Set

Old 06-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Default US Speedo Gauge Set

Alright, so I was looking at the US Speedo Gauge Website, and I stumbled upon this:

http://usspeedo.com/partview.php?part=290&success=

Anyone have some insight? I believe these are OVERLAYS, so I would just have to take the needle off, lay the overlay on it, and put the needle back on, only problem is, I have the 04 Monte with a blower, but I'm thinking that I could actually just alter the battery overlay to say PSI with some good spray painting skills and a little stencil kit, or a computer...

Thanks in advance for anyone that can give me some advice, or anyone that has experience!

-Keegan

Old 06-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: US Speedo Gauge Set

they dont have a price so i can't tell if they're overlays or not, i always liked those things though, they look pretty cool, if mine wasn'ta special edition i'd want those to improve the look a little more

you probably could alter that battery guage for a boost guage if your a good air brush artist, or someone could do it for you, but the only thing is the light wont come through properly...it would look good in the day time but @ night wont work for you properly i don think..keep searching..i'm sure someone makes one for the supercharged monte's

Old 06-16-2007, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I have the Intimidator Edition, but I really like the idea of getting rid of the Dale Earnheardt Signature on the Speedometer...

If anyone else happens to see one for the PSI boost, please let me know...

Even though in a few months ill need an a-pillar pod for my boost gauge, and the one in the dash will be pointless

Old 06-16-2007, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member

lol...yah i dont think i'd want his sig on my car either! lol...not a fan! lol

have you done any mods to your monte??

Old 06-16-2007, 12:13 PM

Other than a K&N FIPK, nothing as of yet.

This winter, I am going to take my car to Intense Racing in Plain City, OH and I am going to dump about 10-15k into it to get it into the lower 12's.

Total revamp

Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member

yah i've got the k&n on mine too, what a difference, have you done the exhaust mods? the ubend delete and the high flow cat and the resonator delete?? you'd be suprised how much of a difference that makes if you haven't done that yet...its the most common things to do on these cars for the first mods

Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 PM

The sound of the blower alone is incredible, let alone performance on acceleration. I am gonna be takin her apart this fall, getting the headers ported and polished. I'm looking into a gen V eaton, also ported, in addition to all new pushrods, cam shaft, TRUE dual exhaust, ceramic coated forged piston kit. I am hoping to run a 2.8 pulley on my eaton, and hoping to get around the 350-390 hp range...

Old 06-16-2007, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member

what about if you went turbo'd instead?? there's a guy in my town that turbo'd his grand prix and he's 450 hp, i dont know what he's running for times in the quarter mile, but there's also another grand prix about 30 min from where i live thats in the 500 hp range and he's running 10's

Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM

I was thinking about it, but the only reason I don't want to is because for 3900 dollars spent on a turbo, it wont improve the durability of the engine internals, but for 3900 bucks i can beef up the engine enough that I could even use a 75 (hp) shot of nos easily without any damage to the engine, not that I would use nos anyways, but it's a nice thought

But none-the-less, for a decent amount of money, my goal is a better transaxle, fully upgraded suspension, and definitely new engine internals. Whether I block off the supercharger snout and use a turbo or not will come down the road, after all of the internal hard stuff is done... Ya know?

Old 06-17-2007, 05:10 PM

they are ovderlays. if ya go out to other sigts you can find the same thing also.
I have spped hut in mine . and they had others i could have gotten but the flames were screaming at me LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: US Speedo Gauge Set