Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Touch Screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Default Touch Screen

I am thinking about dropping a touch screen double din head unit in the monte.

Doing some internet searches and such, I came across a relatively cheap headunit by Absolute audio. I had never really heard much on them before and was wondering what you guys thought...?

the reviews I read at sonicelectronix.com were all good. The only thing that was downgraded by people on their products was the fact that they didnt have many "bells and whistles," but this is actually a good thing for me, I dont need bluetooth, or nav or anything like that...nor do i really want it.

I just want a good price, DVD capability, Ipod integration (controls the songs and playlists through the unit), and the normal EQ stuff, which it seems like their units have.

I know to keep my steering wheel controls, and stock chimes and warnings, Il have to get a special adapter, and then get rid of the loc I have for my subwoofer output, but besides those adapters being hella pricey lol, I dont see a problem with that.

Putting the ground for the "Park" safety feature for the dvd on a toggle switch is no problem, but i know PAC makes a module to bypass it...anyone got experience with those or another brand?

Thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 02:05 PM

you get what you pay for, i woudlnt put something like that in my car but meh.

what you need is a seperate unit for your chimes, and one for your wheel controls, which can be quite complex to wire for a noob at car audio, even i have trouble with steering wheel contols, they always do stupid **** with the color codes.

I'd suggest a Pioneer AVH unit for a cheap deck, their very nice practical units, the 3200bt is ncie but they just released a whole bunch of new units, um the 3100 i think or somehting which is slightly better than the 3200 some how.

i really like the 4200, they just came out with its replacment, the 4300

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-P4300DVD.html

same thing.

and heres the 3300, the 3200's replacment.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-P3300BT.html

the 3300's a great deck (asuming its the same thing as the 3200) ive installed 2, their great for any car, did one in my buddys mazda, fun little deck to play around with.

oh and for the AVH's, the bypass can be done with a 3$ relay. its very easy. not quite as easy as just grounding the parking wite but pioneer put an axe to that real quick.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 03-15-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Id look into Kenwood, some of their low end stuff is real good. Ive also herd good about pioneers stuff too.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

You could do the GM Nav/DVD install. There's a thread around here some where.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
You could do the GM Nav/DVD install. There's a thread around here some where.
that might of been my thread, they discontinued the one i posted :'( it wasnt a direct GM unit, but was intended for direct OEM replacment for a GM car.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Perhaps. I don't really remember. If I remember correctly though because of how it's made you don't need any additional adapters. It's plug and play?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM

was it this unit

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...al-Motors.html

if so..no go they stoped making it.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM

I agree, you do get what you pay for...but I hadnt heard of this brand and didnt know much about em.

thanks for the responses

Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 AM

i have a pioneer 4200 and love it and i h ave my parking break switch into a toggle switch it works out really good and i will always stay with them...kenwood also makes excellent double dins

Old 03-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by monte003
i have a pioneer 4200 and love it and i h ave my parking break switch into a toggle switch it works out really good and i will always stay with them...kenwood also makes excellent double dins
you should just put a relay on that remote wire. the only hard part is making sure the wire being switched to the deck is a ground and not a hot, otherwise it',ll just say no go.

Quick Reply: Touch Screen