Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

strobes in the fron of the pace car

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default strobes in the fron of the pace car

dose any one know what lights had the strobes ont he pace cars?

I am thinking it was the turn sig. but it might have beent the head lights also but am not sure if ayone could tell me it would be great thanks ahead of time

ALso if you have added them to your car where did you put them?
so they would not look stupid just lying int he head light all the time?

Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 AM
Default RE: strobes in the fron of the pace car

Usually strobes are in the high beams or the turn signals. I have an '02 monte with strobes in the turn signals....that way you can see from the front and somewhat from the side.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Magna131

Usually strobes are in the high beams or the turn signals. I have an '02 monte with strobes in the turn signals....that way you can see from the front and somewhat from the side.
Mickey is wanting to know the placement of the strobes on the Pace Car so he can install them in the same place on his car

Old 08-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i was and thanks for the info. But i actually installed them in a way that i didnt have to drill holes in to my head lights and i can take them out in a matter of about 10 min. with no ill effects. Have to love the monte carlo head lights for this LOL

let me know if you would like to know how. also iu have the tube style lights not the plug ins (those you have to drill for them no way around it or they look stupid dangeling in the head light in our clear lenses.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

well i know i would like to konw how because ive been looking for a way to put stobes in without drilling

Old 08-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

ok first off get the strobs that are not PLUG INS. get the tubes they are about 3" long. in what ever color you want.

Pull out your head light houseing from your car and get a stool to sit on.

i had strobes that i could disconect the wires with a plug if yours dont you can cut them and ethier add a plug or soldeir them back togetaer afterwards.

shove the whole stob tub in to the light threw your low beam hole. then take a coatepeice of wire and shove all of the wires to the end of the head light right up in to the cornner. Under our head lights ia a gap that gose all the way accrosed. you take the wires and fish them threw the gap. then you get the tube int he place you want it and pull the wires tight to hold the tub in place. If you have a plug on the end just slightly VERRY EAILSY FLEX the reflector ont he head light just enough to get the plug to go behind everythign leaving just the strob tube out in front of the ehad light . put it in place put your bulbs back in and wire it up . go to the next one and repeat, install your lights back in to your fenders and your done.

Yes they are laying in the bottom of the ehad light but they are small enough tha tyou cant see them to esaily unless they are on or if your looking for them.

then when they trun on you can adjust them to flash off the reflectors in your head light to ge tthe effect your after and Volia your done no drilling requierd. and then if your lucky you hook the wires up right and they work LOL :-))
That B It.

Also if you want your lights to glow at night. you take three leds and wire them threw a short peice of bread bord. put them inseries and get the wires all togeather. then carefully get the bread bord ion the top of the head light (makeing sure it cant short out on the back side and MAKE SURE YOU CUT THEM AS SMALL AS YOU CAN) then you can take and stick them on the top of the reflector aming down wire them in to your park lights. Now when you have just your park lights one they will work and glow what ever color you wanted to have them glow in there and it will light the front lights in the car up that color also.
Or you can do a switch on them and not worry about it. Mine gow in there the same color as my strobs and dash lights.

etheir of them are not to tuff but they make a nice clean install as you cant see the LEDs at all in your lights unless you look from the bottom of the car up.

Also you can cheat even more and look on Ebay for the under door handel lights they come in a pack of 4 one for each door on a sedan. then you use two under your door handels and two in you head lights and they are easy to install and they work great.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:40 AM

thx do you think you could get a picture i may do this tomorrow after i take apart my door and find the damn rattleing noise

Old 08-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i can get you a shot of what they look like n the car. nice part is most folks dont know they are there tilll i light them up.

the reason i put then on the car was i almost ahd some one hit me at a show. with them on there i ahve ahd no one coem close to it now. LOL

Old 08-28-2005, 03:11 PM

you dont think that will cause any condensation in the head lights by having those wires going through the holes

Old 08-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

hasent so far and it has been this way threw heavy rain and cold weather now for almost a year and a half. so if it will it had bettr do it soon LOL

Actually if you have that rubber gasket ont he back of the head lights that covers where your bulbs pug in then the wires wont hurt it they are so small i just ran them in with the others and they dont hold it out far enough to cause a brich in the gasket(cover) and also those light are set up to circulate air to a point so they stay dry. I will get your pic up to night had to wiat for it to get dark so you can see wha tim talking about.

Quick Reply: strobes in the fron of the pace car