Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Strangeness

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Strangeness

When I got back to work yesterday from lunch my fob wouldn't work to lock the car. After work last night I put a new battery in it, and it still won't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Today over lunch my turn signals stopped working. I have a couple extra flashers, so I will try one of them.

Maybe I should stop taking the Monte over lunch on these nice days. Lol.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Try the relearn fob procedure? I'm not sure if you have to do it after a battery change, but it's possible.

When your turn signals don't work, hit your hazard button, then try again.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Try the relearn fob procedure? I'm not sure if you have to do it after a battery change, but it's possible.

When your turn signals don't work, hit your hazard button, then try again.
I found the relearn procedure in the owners manual. I'll try that after work.

I turned the hazards on and they work fine, but the turn signals still don't.

This thing is falling apart around me. Lol. Comes with the territory I guess.

Thanks for the info Chibi.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A lot of times the hazard switch is going bad so the turn signal doesn't work, if that makes any sense :p

Every now and then my turns don't work, so I hit the hazard and then they magically pop on and start working for another month haha

Old 04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member

I'm just hoping that it doesn't turn out to be the multifunction switch. That thing is like $400!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 PM

For some reason when I had my grand am GT (03) I went into a gas station and pressed the lock button. Come out fob wouldnt work so ok unlocked with key, tried to start and absolutely nothing. I screwed with it then called my grandparents to come get me. So they had just got there..50 miles drive in the dark. When I decided to try pulling starter fuses. pulled em both blew some dust out of the connections got in started right up. Turne dof tryed the Fob and everything worked perfectly. I have no clue what wen twrong but was for sure weird.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
For some reason when I had my grand am GT (03) I went into a gas station and pressed the lock button. Come out fob wouldnt work so ok unlocked with key, tried to start and absolutely nothing. I screwed with it then called my grandparents to come get me. So they had just got there..50 miles drive in the dark. When I decided to try pulling starter fuses. pulled em both blew some dust out of the connections got in started right up. Turne dof tryed the Fob and everything worked perfectly. I have no clue what wen twrong but was for sure weird.
Funny that you should mention your situation. I went out to the car after work and did what Chibi said. I pushed the hazard button and then pushed it again to shut them off. After that, the turn signals worked perfectly.

When I got home, I tried everything I could find to reprogram the fob. Nothing worked. So I decided to check the fuse. I pulled the fuse and wiped some dust off of it (I think the car was owned by someone who traveled gravel roads before) and put the fuse back in. Fob works perfectly now also.

Since I was in the mood to work on my car, I pulled the bezel off from around the gauges and radio and such and replaced the hazard switch with a newer one. Hopefully that will take care of it.

I don't know what was going on with the fob, but apparently it was something similar to what you had. pull the fuse and put it back in and it works.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Yeah was for sure akward but hey it worked until I sold the car lol glad you got it fixed. I will always remeber to try that agin if it ever happens to me again.