Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Stereo Question

Hey guys i have a quick question/problem. Sometimes when i unlock my car with the keyless entry the headunit turns on, i never had this problem until today, when i installed HIDs, digital processor and reverse camera, i'm not really sure what any of these would have to do with the headunit turning on. Any ideas?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:57 PM

Is it a stock head unit?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:53 AM

yeha my HID's did that too did you do the highs ? because what bothers the computer the most is the highs. mine always read dead to my computer. should pick up a decoder unit for the HID kits you got it mght fix it, ive yet to pick up a set of the decoders so idk if it resolves it. but is kind of annoying because your burning up your lights allot more than they need to be let me know if you find out more than this. but what bothers me is they always turn on with the car instead of just when its dark.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 AM

Exactly why I haven't done the conversion on my car. It's been good to me since i've owned it but I can't wait to get rid of it. Too many stupid little annoyances with it....gauges all out of whack, can't turn off the DRL's w/o causing other problems (unless you buy the harness from BBE), HID's causing weird issues.....i'm counting down till I can upgrade to the new Accord Coupe!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member

its an aftermarket kenwood double din. they're not the highs, i've had HIDs before, it shouldn't do a thing to the stereo.

anyone have an actual answer or fix?

Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I never had a problem with mine even with the HU you have, I thought you were going to ask that they cause some noise interference which I plan on correcting here soon..

Now you said you installed HIDs the Processor and Rear View.. How do you know that one of the other things isnt turning it on.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 AM

oh it hought you sad headlights turn on. the computer is easily confused in this car, do this. unhook the harness above the battery and the posative terminal of the battery for a few moments. when you plug it back in the computer will go back to stock settings.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

It takes 30 min for the comp to reset.. maby 15.. its one of the 2

Old 02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
I never had a problem with mine even with the HU you have, I thought you were going to ask that they cause some noise interference which I plan on correcting here soon..

Now you said you installed HIDs the Processor and Rear View.. How do you know that one of the other things isnt turning it on.
well the processor is wired in with my amps, and the rear view is wired off the reverse lights to turn on when they turn on, and the rest with those is just rcas, i dont think it could be them.

what noise interference are you talking about? the only thing bad about my hids is they get really hot in the fog lights but i think theyre just wearing in or something

Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member

my computer should go back to stock settings also, i had it unplugged yesterday while running the HID wiring and cleaning up my stereo wiring harness along with other wires.

Josh, that digital processor works really nice, it's a bit louder now also, the only problem i have is turning the **** cuz my fingers are too fat hah, also they didnt send screws so i have trouble mounting it but thatll be easier when its warm out

Quick Reply: Stereo Question