Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Default Sound System

I was looking at upgrading my stereo in my '02 Monte. Found a nice Kenwood double din deck, 22 watts RMS by 4 channels. I was wondering if I should replace all of my speakers with like some Alpine's or Infinity? And if I do end up replacing all my stock speakers, would I have to get a new amp to power them, or would I still be able to use the stock 200 watt amp that came in the car? Also, would I need to get component speakers for doors?

Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Default RE: Sound System

It would sound the best if you ran them off an aftermarket amp. You could run them off the deck and it would sound better than it does now but for the best sound you should invest in an amp. You could run them off the factory deck but unless your speakers are 2ohm then you'll have to crank it higher to get the desired output cause the amp is basically putting out half as much power with 4ohm speakers than with the factory 2ohm one's.

You don't need to get components up front but it would give you the best sound.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:06 AM

Ihave Alpine type R speakers in my silverado and a Alpine flip up,I will never buy anything else. they go for a real good deal on ebay.just make sure u get brand new ones.good luck

Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: millertime85

Ihave Alpine type R speakers in my silverado and a Alpine flip up,I will never buy anything else. they go for a real good deal on ebay.just make sure u get brand new ones.good luck
I wanted to put in a full Type R system in my Civic when I had it but the component woudn't fit the shallow door panels so I scrapped the idea. But I like the Type R line alot, very good stuff indeed.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:07 AM

i have also backed kicker on all of their products. i am able to get a really good deal on of their products too. all of my friends have had me build them sound systems for their cars and such. but the latest one i built for myself and two others was thebest. it didn't cost much and it sounds amazing. if you want i can try and hook you up with an alpine system.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 AM

ok i went ahead and looked for you, i can get you the 6x9's for $90(no shipping) 61/2's for $85(no shipping) and an Alpine MRP-F550 amp for $210(free shipping) i am sure i can arrange a deal forthe shipping costs for the speakers. i am sure they would give you a break if you ordered them at the same time. i hope this helps! let me know if you are looking at anything else

Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: schmicr

ok i went ahead and looked for you, i can get you the 6x9's for $90(no shipping) 61/2's for $85(no shipping) and an Alpine MRP-F550 amp for $210(free shipping) i am sure i can arrange a deal forthe shipping costs for the speakers. i am sure they would give you a break if you ordered them at the same time. i hope this helps! let me know if you are looking at anything else
Wow, good lookin' out but unfortunately I've already pieced together my SQ system or I would jump on this offer. Thanks man, that was pretty cool of you.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM

oh thats to bad, if your ever looking to upgrade let me know. i can get some pretty good deals. and most of the time all the products are new. i hope the original poster of this message looks back at his post cause i believe its a pretty god deal.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: schmicr

oh thats to bad, if your ever looking to upgrade let me know. i can get some pretty good deals. and most of the time all the products are new. i hope the original poster of this message looks back at his post cause i believe its a pretty god deal.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again

Old 05-13-2008, 08:44 PM

Yeah Schmicr, that's an awesome deal! I would definitely look into taking you up on that offer once I have sufficient funds. College is kinda expensive so I'm a little low on cash. Once I start working again though, think you could score me a similar deal, if not the same one in say maybe a month's time?

Quick Reply: Sound System