Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Sony xplod system need sub help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Default Sony xplod system need sub help

So far i put in the 54X4 watt system with the speakers that go with it as well it sounds amazing. It also came with bluetooth for my phone which was a plus. Now i want to install a sub but i have no idea what to do. I went to best buy and started to look. Some boxes has a spot for 1 others had 2. What do you recommend i get the 2 or one? Also what kinda of amp would i need? The sub doesnt have to be the exact same what type do you guys have?

Would something like this be fine?
http://www.amazon.com/MTX-Magnum-MB2...pr_product_top

Old 09-07-2010, 02:57 PM

ooo yes, for entry level, those will do nicly, i really like MTX's low level stuff and they sound amazing for the price they are. but idk about that amp that comes with it, thats kind of a cheapy set up, you might wanna go with something for a bit more and buy things seperatly, i'd. find freee shipping and buy the box locla, boxes are expensive as hell to ship >_< 2 or 1 does not matter, if you have the room go 2,. monte will fit a 2 sub box nicly.

how about something like this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...5+Active-.html

that's a super easy install, and it even comes with your power line, rca's and fuses. it's pretty win

Old 09-07-2010, 04:36 PM

The thng about stereo is everything has it's own sound so it's all personal choice but definintly do not buy Sony there subs and amps are garbage but they make a great headunit. But u should hear befor you buy when it comes to subs and the amp and box are the most important thing when it comes to sound.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:00 PM

I'd just keep it simple and stay under 200$ ofr your first sub set up, i think that fli will do nicly, its very stock appearing, small, compact and simple it's down right idiot proof, even a best buy tech coudln't screw up that install :P

Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 AM

with the system youll get what you pay for i think if u just want a lil system try the packaged ones from best buy itll be a lil more bread but more worth it that system you are looking at is not that great quality of a product and the sound is not all that gr8,,,u can find lil package deals on ebay at a very decent price sometimes the same ones from bestbuy at a lower price...its a good way for a starter system

Old 09-09-2010, 04:05 AM

as far as the box ebay it!! most of em r free shipping i bought my complete system off it separately try 2 fosgates p1 or the mtx 4500 series good bang for a buck