Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Interior Build: And so it begins.....!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default And so it begins.....!!!!!

So back in May I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 2000 Monte Pace Car edition black/red interior. I got the seats, the rear side sail panels and the right side door panel. Today I just got back from the junkyard with everything else I need to do the interior switch and remove my all tan interior. A few things I will need to dye/paint including the dome light, overhead info center, sunroof slider trim, sunvisors, carpet, headliner and rear speaker shelf. I am so relieved to get all this stuff at once! Once the tan is gutted out and the carpet is out, I will be doing some audio, led and maybe a few other things while I have easy access. This whole transition process will take a while and I will be stranded with no car while it is going on. Below is a pic of my tan interior that I have now, the future black/red parts and the newly acquired black parts. I also grabbed some extra black pieces that I already have in black /red accents just in case I need them.

Attached Thumbnails And so it begins.....!!!!!-tanyes.jpg   And so it begins.....!!!!!-tan2.jpg   And so it begins.....!!!!!-redblack.jpg   And so it begins.....!!!!!-int1.jpg  
Old 07-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Looking Nice..
You going to change the seat belts over to black too.
because I don't see them in your pic's..
I love the headrest with the red bowtie,,

Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Should turn out Great Lisa! looking forward to pics

Old 07-18-2014, 11:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I have a drivers side charcoal front seat belt assembly for sale if you are interested...

Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 AM

Thank you, I do have all the seat belts, just didn't have them in the pic because it was raining and I brought them right into the house.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 PM

Updates coming soon......

Old 07-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

cant wait to see the outcome, i know you were hunting down this interior

Old 07-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
So back in May I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 2000 Monte Pace Car edition black/red interior. I got the seats, the rear side sail panels and the right side door panel. Today I just got back from the junkyard with everything else I need to do the interior switch and remove my all tan interior. A few things I will need to dye/paint including the dome light, overhead info center, sunroof slider trim, sunvisors, carpet, headliner and rear speaker shelf. I am so relieved to get all this stuff at once! Once the tan is gutted out and the carpet is out, I will be doing some audio, led and maybe a few other things while I have easy access. This whole transition process will take a while and I will be stranded with no car while it is going on. Below is a pic of my tan interior that I have now, the future black/red parts and the newly acquired black parts. I also grabbed some extra black pieces that I already have in black /red accents just in case I need them.

The Black Rose is going to look Great when you get it all done, you are quite fortunate to find this and get it for a reasonable price. The Hard work will result in something you will be excited to jump up and go drive it, just to be in it. I bet you can't wait. Anyway good luck with this and keep showing the progress.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 PM

Thank you! This was actually an unexpected mod for this year. I mean, I was planning to do it someday but I never thought I would be lucky enough to get everything together this early, heck, I never expected to come across a pace car interior this soon! lol

Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm going to eagerly follow this interior mod your doing with your already carazy beautiful car. I can feel the effect your after, but can't really grab it till you have her installed. want to see how your outside with it's subtle red accents and this new pace car interior work together. Just know it's going to be quite the remarkable transformation. I saw where you were going to do a black / tan combo at one point, yet this here will be quite striking and a real attention getter.

I still have my OEM "Limited Edition" gauge faces left over from my cluster mod, if you would want them for a pittance.

Quick Reply: Interior Build: And so it begins.....!!!!!