Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Default Seat Covers

Hey everyone,

My Monte has cloth seats which I don't really like, so I have been looking for some fitted seat covers but I don't want to spend the money not knowing what I'm getting.

Has anyone ever installed fitted covers in there car? I am looking for a fake leather most likely. I have seen these a lot and they look great in the picture but I am not sure, plus I am not sure how they get installed?

They just seem so cheap I hope they aren't junk
PU Leather Seat Covers W. 2 Headrests & Solid Bench | eBay

OR, does anyone know how one might go about buying leather seats? I am sure it would cost an arm and a leg, but never hurts to look

Old 06-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Junk yard dude

Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 PM

That or check out Katzkin, they make a great product & are priced well. I checked on having a local shop redo mine and it was over5 grand. Good luck on the junk yard and also give Craigslist a look.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM

WALMART lol jk I just sold my fake leather seat covers with the gold chevy emblems to someone who already has leather seats...a friend of mine I don't know why she wanted them. I think shes just too lazy to take care of the seats

Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM

You can pull them from a junk yard - the install isn't too difficult - I did it in my LS but I found the rare tan color ones since my LS is gray and black.

You'll have the harness for the heated/powered front seats (in fact your factory cloth drivers seat is connected to it already for the seatbelt sensor) passenger one is buried under the carpet. You also have the plugs in the console to plug into the heated seat switches, you'll just need to dig them out of the wire mess in there.

Probably you'll find the black ones VERY easily, just make sure you get the entire seat (including the tracks, the manuals can't be swapped over).

Depending on your car's year you MAY need to modify the back seat to make it fit like I had to going from a 2000 to 2002 seats.

Here's my thread with pictures, etc >> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/in...ior-mod-34935/

Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the replies! I will definitely head up to the junk yard when I get the chance. They had a couple Monte's a couple months ago when I got my black door panels so hopefully they will have some more by now.

I have an '06 LT with cloth seats and power driver seat controls. I didn't realize that the heating connections were already there. So hopefully I can find a black leather interior monte at the yard in decent condition so that I can get the seats and switches for heating (Are all the leather seats heated?) as well as some other interior pieces I am hoping to get. (Black door sills and the black interior panels, didn't have the correct tools to remove the seat belt assembly to get those panels off last time)

I'll post some updates once I do get around to going there.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
You can pull them from a junk yard - the install isn't too difficult - I did it in my LS but I found the rare tan color ones since my LS is gray and black.

You'll have the harness for the heated/powered front seats (in fact your factory cloth drivers seat is connected to it already for the seatbelt sensor) passenger one is buried under the carpet. You also have the plugs in the console to plug into the heated seat switches, you'll just need to dig them out of the wire mess in there.

Probably you'll find the black ones VERY easily, just make sure you get the entire seat (including the tracks, the manuals can't be swapped over).

Depending on your car's year you MAY need to modify the back seat to make it fit like I had to going from a 2000 to 2002 seats.

Here's my thread with pictures, etc >> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/in...ior-mod-34935/
Yes, I highly agree with you Mike. djtiny it may be a little more than you want to spend but it will look more than its weight in gold or tan or black.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Chevrolet Chevy Monte Carlo BUCKET SEATS leather heated power trim head rest | eBay

Seems kinda high but offer may bring cost down. @ Mike what you think???

Old 06-06-2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bait
Chevrolet Chevy Monte Carlo BUCKET SEATS leather heated power trim head rest | eBay

Seems kinda high but offer may bring cost down. @ Mike what you think???
Wow, that's the first time I've ever found the tan 6th gen seats (besides the ones I got). For 2 front seats only, that look pretty worn, 275 is high.

However, those will only work in 2000-2005 Monte Carlos. The 2006 and 2007 have completely different interior wiring. The heat controls are in the HVAC module - so I'm not too familiar with them, but djtiny I think you'd have to buy the whole module WITH the heated seats buttons. But if power/heat is handled like it is in the '00-'05s, EVERYTHING is one harness. Heat, power (all directions) and drivers seat belt light is all done through that one plug.

Since you stated you already have power cloth you should have a harness of some sort already, now if they'll control heated seats as well, I can't say for sure. But one thing is you'll need to make sure you get seats from an 06-07 unless they kept the plug the exact same, but for fit, to be safe, I'd just pull them from a matching year car.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 AM

I can't believe you guys have monte's in junkyards there haha maybe because oshawa is the birthplace haha we have one of the largest scrapyards in canada in my local I'm on a call list they haven't had a monte in over 4 years and before that I've only seen one ever in my life at all the large scrapyards from here to toronto I'm on call lists haha, but sure enough next season I will be swapping out to black gtp seats and selling my rare tan leather seats

Quick Reply: Seat Covers