Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default seat

ok I know I haven't been on for a while work has been insane working two jobs and my monte carlita has been laid up on having the trans rebuilt again and having another trans cooler installed to help it.

ok I have a question is I got some seats out of another 07 monte it has a air bag in the drivers seat.

would I have any problems going from a non air bag seat to a leather air bag seat.

would it go off when I put it in or would I just be fine?

there is some other things I got for it as well the dual heater ac controller for it as well as finally getting that harness for the fog lights with out tapping into or creating stand alone system.

granted I am making it my own if I am going to keep it for a long time and enjoy it why not.

but back to the seat would I have a issue or any thing with that air bag in the side or should I be fine and make sure the battery disconnected before the wiring gets connected.

I know I need to clean them and go from there the head rests I am swapping the seat belt guids from my original seats to them

Attached Thumbnails seat-s6300829.jpg   seat-s6300830.jpg   seat-s6300832.jpg   seat-s6300831.jpg  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 AM
15 Year Member

I actually love the body type of the monte carlo from 2000 and my gen as well just because the lines are amazing. stock cloth to me felt like it is just shabby if it is the ls type of seat

Old 02-13-2018, 01:39 PM
15 Year Member

ok the seats are out of a 05 monte and the back looks great. when I came across them when I was looking at a 07 at a u pull. the wires are the same for the electric seats. but kind of wondering about the side air bag because I don't want a gut punch after installing the driver side, here is what the difference is between the look. going to fix that center belt in a moment

just wanted every one to take a peak.

Attached Thumbnails seat-s6300835.jpg   seat-s6300836.jpg  

Last edited by monte07; 02-13-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM

If your car didn't have airbags, it doesn't have the wiring for airbags, so there's no chance of it self-detonating. It wasn't made by Takata.

Apparently this is the one exception to the general GM rule of pre-wiring the car for every conceivable option.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:06 PM
15 Year Member

I was wondering about that because of when I replaced my steering wheel the radio controls worked. that's why I wanted to ask thank you. for the help

Last edited by monte07; 02-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
ok the seats are out of a 05 monte and the back looks great. when I came across them when I was looking at a 07 at a u pull. the wires are the same for the electric seats. but kind of wondering about the side air bag because I don't want a gut punch after installing the driver side, here is what the difference is between the look. going to fix that center belt in a moment

just wanted every one to take a peak.
The cleaner look of the seats is one of the reasons I wanted the 7th gen. Of course, if I'd known the "Nuance" leather had the durability of Charmin, I'd have changed my mind. I'm on my third driver's seat, and it's already got a gouge in it, even though nothing sharp has ever been in contact with it since I installed it.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 96z34man
Of course, if I'd known the "Nuance" leather had the durability of Charmin, I'd have changed my mind. I'm on my third driver's seat, and it's already got a gouge in it, even though nothing sharp has ever been in contact with it since I installed it.
Really? How many miles do your seats see before they start to look like crap? Mine has all the original leather seats which have seen 94k miles over the 12 year life of the car and they're all still in very good condition. Mind you the driver seat back has some slight wear along the piping from getting into and out of but it's very minimal wear and not that noticeable.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:36 AM
15 Year Member

06misstreSS the only one that looks like crud and ended up being a pis is the drivers seat. the frame for the padding was crap for the ls and lt if it is cloth. same for the passenger granted it is in better shape it just feels like it is a brick on the passenger side. the driver side bottom is just crud. right now I am in the middle of figuring out how to move the seat forward while the motor or switch not wanting to work. it is covering the two bolts holding it in.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:37 AM
15 Year Member

i am installing the ss interior in it the rear seat looks amazing compaired to the stock seat same as the passenger seat. both are leather same as the drivers seat. the frame and the padding and all around set up is much better

Old 02-14-2018, 10:16 AM
15 Year Member

the only thing is different from the 05 model and the 06 5th and 6th gen seats are the wires and the passenger air bag sensors for the seat. the only thing that you would have to swap from each other is the padding from the seats. the padding is the down fall of the cloth of the seats the 5th gen just my opinion has the better design of the frame and cushons I was wrong about the wires though the lay out is different in the plug and there two different sizes