Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

running wire

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 PM
1 Year Member
Default running wire

hey guys, what the best way to run power wire from battery to trunk?

Old 09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

little more info about the car would get you more awncers....mainly what year your talking about

Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 PM

pop up the driver side moulding and driverside back moulding(if around 01) gettin the wire throung the fire wall is the hardest part. but if you pop out the little gromet next to th brake booster with the thick wire goin through it and put your wire through and the rest is common sence after that

Old 09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
1 Year Member

car is a 05. i was lookin under the "project sq monte" and saw he ran it through a rubber gromit on the passenger side. found the gromit but cant find the wire in engine compartment.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:04 PM

any gromit will do jus pop it out and make your own hole and fish it through

Old 10-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Lift the passenger carpet and and remove the under cover of the dash on that side, and you'll find a passage to through the firewall. You'll probably have to cut into it, depending what gauge wire you're trying to install. I passed a 0 and a 4 gauge wires through it.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by joe21
car is a 05. i was lookin under the "project sq monte" and saw he ran it through a rubber gromit on the passenger side. found the gromit but cant find the wire in engine compartment.
Yeah, it wasn't easy either, but it's doable. When the wire enters the engine bay it will be inside of a rubber boot coming out of the firewall. I simply snipped a tiny hole in the bottom of the boot and fed the wire through it. To get the wire into the trunk I ran it down the center of the car and once into the back seat area I removed the back seat completely and ran it along the drivers side and into the trunk. The hardest part of the process was getting the wire through that grommet.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Yeah, it wasn't easy either, but it's doable.. The hardest part of the process was getting the wire through that grommet.
I second that!!!

its almost to easy after that. just route it back somewhere. i ran the power along the passenger side, just removed the plastic door sill thing that keeps the carpet on and folded back some of the carpet and ran it back.

also to get it into the trunk i found it easy to remove the base of the rear seat witch just pulls up and out. and then fished it under the carpet and into the trunk.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
I second that!!!

its almost to easy after that. just route it back somewhere. i ran the power along the passenger side, just removed the plastic door sill thing that keeps the carpet on and folded back some of the carpet and ran it back.

also to get it into the trunk i found it easy to remove the base of the rear seat witch just pulls up and out. and then fished it under the carpet and into the trunk.
True story...I removed the whole rear seat because I fished the power/remote wires under the trim panels alongside the car and into the trunk as you can see in the pic below. I did the power wire on the driver side the same way.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey anyone got pictures on how to take the back seat off of our cars?

Quick Reply: running wire