Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Runing wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Runing wires

Hey have any of you ran wires from under your hood to the inside of the car?
This has o be the worse one i have seen for doing this i cant find a damed hole to shove them threw. and would rather not try going threw the door jam.

also have to run a power lead from the front tot eh rear of the car for the strobes i have inplace i have a switch under the hood for the time being but would rather have it in side of the car with me so i don have to poen the hood all the time to turn them on.

was wondering if an of you have done anythign like this and how ya did it.

Old 06-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Default RE: Runing wires

I have not but it looks like I am going to have to do the same thing your are, I have decided to take on my box installation myself.

Let me know what you end up doing. Is it possible to punch a new hole through the firewall?

TVW

Old 06-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah you can do it. But was wondering if anyone else has done it and found a hole that was theere.

but yeah you can drill a hole just becarefull where you put it and also make sure there is nothign on the other side you might damage with the drill.

but looks like i might be doing it shortly so if i do i will let you know where and how i did it. Also have to run a wire from the back of the car up to the front to.
so i can get power back to the rear strobes.
I need to get over and check in the bone yard here for a small fse pannel, I want to run one wire threw the fire wall and then hook everything in to the fuse pannel (out of another car) so that way i have a complety system diffrent then the one in the car.

Thsi will also make sure i have a fused place and also a singel place to hook it all up with out worrying to much about having to many wires going all over the place. ( Like the whole clean look ALOT.

if my gages get here i will have the dash tore apart then i can see better where to dill the holes also. so that will help

Old 06-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

yeha i had to do it with my bro for his nos computers. im not sure this is correct ill have to check with him but there is a hole in the firewall right by the steering colum or what ever we had to get his girlfriend to put the wire through because our arms where to big ill try to get a more detailed descripiton later

Old 06-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

coas\t hangers are great for that to LOL