Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

recomend a alarm system for my monte?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Default RE: recomend a alarm system for my monte?

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

04MonteLS - That's correct. DEI - Directed Electronics owns: Viper, Clifford, Python, Rattler, Sidewinder, Hornet, Avital, Automate, Failsafe, Merlin, and Wasp.

I really like the first 6, but I would also rank them in the above order as well. I think they added alot of Clifford technology into the Viper, but then added more options to the Viper than are offered on the Clifford.

Anyway, here is a HUGE list of what they have to offer in each flavor.

http://www.drdetailshop.com/deiownersguides.htm
More options? Maybe. Better options? Not by a long shot. The main feature that sells me on Clifford G5 systems over Viper is Clifford's BlackJax system. This is how it works. When you disarm the car and get in it, there is a two button panel that's mounted in plain view, you must enter the 1-4 digit code you specified when the alarm was programmed, within 30 seconds of disarming the alarm. If you start the car and drive away and have not entered the code in that time frame, the alarm will shut the car down and the sirens will blaze, you will not be able to shut the sirens off or start the car again until the code is entered. Also, you can only incorrectly enter the code a small number of times, like 3 times IIRC, before it locks you out of the system, blazes the sirens and shuts the car down. That alone kills any Viper offering.

Also, the G5's offer dual point immobilization. Even the top of the line Viper only has starter kill, the dual point immobilization is starter AND ignition kill. Clifford also has a Remotely Adjustable Dual-Zone OmniSensor. It's a sensor that senses if someone has come too close to your car (you specify what is too close via the remote!!) or if someone has stuck their hand through an open window into the interior of your car. CliffNet data port allows you to change settings to your alarm via laptop. And lastly, all 6 tone alarm sirens sound the same, the G5 allows you to program your siren to play the tones you want in the order you choose so you know when it's your car that's going off.

For all of these reasons, I feel the Clifford G5 is superior to any other alarm on the planet. Yes, it doesn't have the fancy little LCD two way remote, but I'd gladly give that up for the peace of mind the unrivaled security features found on the G5 line from Clifford.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 AM

see i could care less abotu the fancy remote knowing most of the time im to far away from the car for it to work anyway . or far enough away that by the time i hear it and react on it the car would be gone and or tore up already.

But i do like the fact that i can program that on to do things like the to close or threw open windos etc...
and even a diffrent siren would be nice then everythign out there.

But the one feture i really want to find is the windows rolling up for the rain. down here it rains enough in the spring and fall it would be worth it to not have the car smell like mildew from it.

also something other then just a starter kill would be nice to see to.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey
see i could care less abotu the fancy remote knowing most of the time im to far away from the car for it to work anyway . or far enough away that by the time i hear it and react on it the car would be gone and or tore up already.
That's kind of how I'm looking at it too.........I'm a big guy, so if i'm at a ball game or something and my alarm goes off, it's gonna take me a minute to get there if I run ***** to the wall. But seeing as how my knee's won't let me do that anymore, the two way remote isn't a necessity, although it's cool as hell.

But i do like the fact that i can program that on to do things like the to close or threw open windos etc...
and even a diffrent siren would be nice then everythign out there.
Clifford also has what's called a Smart self powered Siren. If your alarm is tripped, this siren keeps blazing even if all the wires are cut, and as long as it's going off, all of your immobilizers are still armed and active. You could even leave the brain on the seat and they'd still have to tow it away!!

also something other then just a starter kill would be nice to see to.
The G5 has dual point immobilization, starter AND ignition. And do you realize how easy it is to add a stand alone fuel pump kill switch? You could even do it stealth style and use an existing factory switch!!

I just bought a Clifford G5 IntelliGuard 770, it will be installed next Saturday. I was seriously considering the Matrix line, which is identical to the Viper line, while the G5 series is Cliffords high end line that does not share technology or features with the Viper line. The Matrix RSX50.5 is a two way lcd system w/remote start, man how nice would that be, but it's just a run of the mill security system that happens to have remote start and an lcd remote. Those two things aren't so important to me that I would sacrifice security for convenience. The IntelliGuard 770 is just one step down from the alarm of all alarms, the AvantGuard5.1. What's the difference between the two? Remote start and a smart self powered siren, tilt sensor, and proxy sensor. I plan on talking to the installer when I get there to see if they could throw in the SSPS for me, if not, then at least the tilt sensor, then all I'd need to do is add Clifford's IntelliStart and I'll have an AG5.1 myself!!! I don't want the proxy sensor cause I had alot of problems with it on my last Clifford alarm, the IntelliGuard 600. It's sensitive to metallic tint, and metal in general when it's close to the car, like carports w/metal roof, for example. IMO, metallic tint is the only way to go, and since I plan on getting my windows tinted I figure I'd save myself the headache of dealing with this damn proxy sensor again.

I also talked to them about installation, cause we all know an alarm is only as good as the install. He confirmed for me that the brain will not be in the most common location, it will be well hidden and unaccessible without alot of disassembly. That was music to my ears. Alot of places just slap it under the dash, use a few zip ties and call it a day so they can move on to the next install. He obviously takes alot of pride with his installs and is more focused on quality rather than quantity. Hopefully he takes the same pains to conceal the siren as much as possible as well. I'll let you guys know how the install goes next weekend.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:15 PM

please let us know sounds like your ready to go. and i would love to knwo how ya like it after ya get it in the car.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:03 PM

please let us know sounds like your ready to go. and i would love to knwo how ya like it after ya get it in the car.
Will do.

It's amazing how little the sales people actually know. I had stopped at a local stereo shop, they were a Viper dealer, the dude hadn't ever heard of BlackJax. The I go to Fry's, they are a Clifford dealer, the sales dude there thought BlackJax was the code hopping feature of the alarm, then when I explained what it was, he said "that must be old, they don't have that on the new alarms."

Then I got home and got online and found they do infact still have it as a standard feature on the IntelliGuard and AvantGuard alarms.

Where should I have them install the LED?

Old 05-27-2007, 08:54 PM

i actually have the one on my stereo but have thought of putting one on each door like the V.W. bugs are now. it is really obvious there and you can see it from a distance also.

But other wise i think if i had to pick a nother spot it would be up on top of the dash by the light sensor area.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 PM

i actually have the one on my stereo but have thought of putting one on each door like the V.W. bugs are now. it is really obvious there and you can see it from a distance also.

But other wise i think if i had to pick a nother spot it would be up on top of the dash by the light sensor area.
I wonder if he could put it in the sail panel on the driver side door? I don't know, I just want it some place that's out of the way so when I detail my interior it's not in the way.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

im sure they can put it just about anywhere for ya.
If ya want it out of the way and it is brite enough put it in there area next to the D.I.C. on the roof line faceing downa and out ward so it will be seen real well inside the car and threw the windsheild also

Old 05-27-2007, 10:00 PM

im sure they can put it just about anywhere for ya.
If ya want it out of the way and it is brite enough put it in there area next to the D.I.C. on the roof line faceing downa and out ward so it will be seen real well inside the car and threw the windsheild also
That's a great idea!! Hopefully it won't be a big deal for him to put it there.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:21 PM

nah those are easy to get to,and most of the time they have a 50' lead on the led for them

Quick Reply: recomend a alarm system for my monte?