Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

recomend a alarm system for my monte?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Default recomend a alarm system for my monte?

Hi guys,

Can anyone recomend a good alarm system for my 05 monte?
I had my dodge stolen over in St.Louis Two weeks ago.(they still have not found any sign of it.)
I dont want a repeat of this with my Monte, and I have never had a car with alarm system so I dont know the first thing about car alarms.

Thanks,Mike.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Default RE: recomend a alarm system for my monte?

mike belive me i feel your pain i had a 78 M/C that was almost done taken from me a few years ago and it really dont get any eaier if it was somthing that you cared for.
Mine was damed near closer to me then teh wife LOL

but they havent even found a lug nut for it.

but as far as alarms go check in to LOJACK in your area. this is not a traditinal alrm so you can add one of those anyway but you should have somethign on the car factory if you have the keyless entry system on your car.
But what this is good for is when they steal your car you can call a number and it will activate teh alarm in the car and send out a homming signal that the cops can then trace down. But they have to ahve the other half of the system also for it to work, Thing that is nice about it is they can go out on patroll and hit a certin area and it will pick it up/ the part in your car is hidden in a place tha tis truly hard to get at to cut the wires and or to destroy the parts for it to not work/.

Other then that if you want a good system that has bells and whistels on it for you look in to the vipper, they are good also you can look on crutchfeild and find one that will suit your needs.
mien will roll all the windows up if i hit the button on it. in case it rains etc...
Also dose a perimitor on the car so if ya get to close it will warn ya.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:32 PM

LoJack is good for recovery, not for prevention.

If you want to prevent, I say you get an AutoLock and a Clifford AvantGuard 5.1 alarm system.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:34 PM

best way of prevention is a loaded gun LOL

Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 AM

I still swear by my Viper. The first week I bought my Monte there were 3 seperate attemps to get in. Since then the motion sensor has stopped that.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 AM

i have a few other features that will make it hard for them to steal it with out having a tow truck with them. Also to prevent it from going to far, I have installed stuff :-) till you trigger them to allow it to know that you should be in it.

Also another option is at one time there was a company that sold a alrm that woudl piggy back on to the stock system so that you could add other fetures like the start,window,etc.... So that might be a option for ya also.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:37 AM

Thanks guys,
Mickey I do have the keyless remote and such but the factory alarm is not in this Monte for some reason.

04 Intimidator, One of the guys I work with also recomemended the Viper alarm, he has one in his Chrysler 300. He swears by the Viper.

I guess I will have to check the Vipers out.

Mike.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 PM

Just for the record, the same company that owns Viper now owns Clifford. Because Clifford was, and still is in my opinion, the premier alarm maker, some of the technology in Clifford alarms can now be found in Viper models. However, there still are plenty reasons to get a Clifford over a Viper. My main one is that I had a Viper on this car when it got jacked.

From the time I heard the alarm chirp, to the time they drove my car off was about 30-45 seconds. Never again! I refuse to put anything less than a Clifford on my car now. When I had my Concept 600, someone broke into my Accord and tried to steal it by punching the ignition but the car stayed put. They broke into it again about a year later and same result, except this time they were able to break the trunk release lever and gained acess to it and got my subs and sub amp.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah, i've heard nothing but good things about viper alarm and starter systems, i had an alpine system in my truck and was very happy with it...

just stay away from chrimestoppers...units aren't really the greatest and their customer service really sucks!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:13 PM

04MonteLS - That's correct. DEI - Directed Electronics owns: Viper, Clifford, Python, Rattler, Sidewinder, Hornet, Avital, Automate, Failsafe, Merlin, and Wasp.

I really like the first 6, but I would also rank them in the above order as well. I think they added alot of Clifford technology into the Viper, but then added more options to the Viper than are offered on the Clifford.

Anyway, here is a HUGE list of what they have to offer in each flavor.

http://www.drdetailshop.com/deiownersguides.htm

Quick Reply: recomend a alarm system for my monte?