Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

rear seat battle

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Photobucket
Default rear seat battle

I just had an epix battle with my monte carlo in the back seat, and i really mean a battle, lasting at least 2 hours before i gave up and just bolted it down as much as i could, but i still can not get it to click in, idk if i bent some kind of plate on the bottom of the seat or what, but i can not get it to sit back down properly. its all trying to pull away at the corners, the bolts hold it pretty well but i dont wanna leave it like that, it's killing me that i feel like i physicly damaged my baby but i never did get them rear speakers out because i didnt realise i had to completly remove the rear seat. and i was unable to because my amp's are mounted to it. :'( and i coudlnt even get it unhindged at the bottm. is it bolted or hooked down on the bottom or what? i cant figure it out.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

what generation is it?
if 6th:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjtmpUmHdlA

i made that write up, just follow that, you dont need to take the seat out

Old 07-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Photobucket

yeah i figuire all that out, but the problem is i cant get the damn seat back down agaisnt the panel properly.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member

on the sides? i guess i dont really understand what you mean.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Photobucket

well when you take those 4 bolts off, thats to take the rear part of the rear seat out. i tried pulling it out, but had no luck, but when i went to put it back up agsinsdt the back, it just kept flexing, i bolted it down, but it still flexed on the corners. i dont know whats bent, there must be a bracket on the bottom i bent, i dont know, i cant get the damn thing off to figuire it out. it must be bolted on the bottom under that little round bar thaqt goes across the middle between the the two peices. let me know what ya think. for now i'm done, i just got back inside, i took it al back appart and managed to get the rear speakers out so that i could port the sub into the cabin, whitch is what i was aiming for from the get. and i got it and it sounds very good, just that damn seat isnt sitting properly. i must of bent something.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member

the whole thing shouldnt come down, it should just pull forward, the black center pieces and the two side parts will only move so far before they bend, the only way for those to move is removing the whole seat, so you should try to just remove the whole thing to see if something is bent or see if something isnt aligned right, did you say you didnt remove it comepletely? because then it is probably just bent from you trying to force it, should be able to bend it back to somewhat normal.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i know this is non related but i love that sig pic man !!!!!!!!