Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Rattling...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Default Rattling...

How can I make it so my trunk does not rattle when my subs bump? I have an '00 SS and it sounds like maybe the "surfboard" spoiler is rattling? Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Default RE: Rattling...

Dynamat sound deadenerseems to work the best.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtietech

Dynamat sound deadener seems to work the best.

Comes highly recommended. It is slightly expensive, but, from what ive heard it does help a LOT with rattles and does help your bass sound a bit better!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM

I've heard that Dynamat is good stuff, but it's expensive...something like $150-$170 for the smallest amount you can buy? I think I've narrowed the rattling sound down to a few places: the rear window tray, the trunk lid, the license plate, and the spoiler. Maybe I could use some type of spray foam or maybe some silicone to stop the rattling? Would it work to spray some of that sound deadening foam under the rear window tray and spoiler and put some rubber strips behind the license plate, and spray some more foam on the inside of the trunk lid and put a carpet-covered piece over the foam to make it look better?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM

also check your exhaust. i had the same issue except the exhaust on my 06 monte ss

Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM

i used dynomat and love it! like they said expensive but it works...also make sure no bolts r loose

Old 03-03-2008, 04:23 PM

i like my rattles... gives it that old school feel lol

Old 03-03-2008, 05:42 PM

old school lol

I had my old car (Vdub golf) done in Hush Mat from head to toe. I had the seats out head liner and door panels and did the whole car. Even the firewall up under the dash.

Cost: $600 I used double in the roof.

It adds alot of weight to your car.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 PM

I was wondering just like wroeber_55, that my trunk is rattling also (my son says its HORRIBLE)...LOL!! I've tried pushing the trunk in while the subs were playing and it cancelled the sound out a little bit. I was mainly checking around the car to see what areas was rattling and it is mainly my bumper and trunk. I was wondering that if I was to dynamat the trunk lid and the inside of the trunk, will that CANCEL the bass response from outside of my monte? I kinda want people to know that I am coming down the street...LOL! But, KILL THE RATTLING!!! Any suggestions anyone!!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

the license plate makes a hell of allot of noise i would recommend doing something to that first and go from there!

The trunk is next i would suppose dynomat would solve some of that!!! You could always try placing some foam padding around the inside parts of the trunk

the rear bumper shakes the next most followed by the sunroof then windows then doors then the hood and then anything else thats left!

Quick Reply: Rattling...