Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Radio keeps reseting Tones

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Default Radio keeps reseting Tones

Hi
I have an 04 MC SS. When I turn the radio on (either with the button or starting the car), the Tone gets reset to Country? Does anyone else have this or a similar problem?

Thanks,
Ralph

Old 06-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Radio keeps reseting Tones

ok to get this to hold the sound type and channel for each station you need to do the following

find your fav. station
then set your preffrence for tone, then you hold the button to set it to the right preset. till the car beeps at you

once set it should hold the tone and the station
that should fix it for you.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:44 PM

Cool, does this really work? This sorta sounds like a MonteLS fix to me... LOL

Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 PM

The stations remain, its just the tone that gets reset. Are you saying I need hold the tone button to keep it in memory like I would preset a station? Am I understanding that correctly? I never did that before. Im not sure why or when this started happening. I just noticed it though.

Thanks!

Old 06-15-2005, 05:41 PM

you have to set teh tone and the staion for each one
then they will all stay

yep this is the fix for all of the GM radios
I had the same thing with mne when i first got the car to

Old 06-15-2005, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

then they will all stay

I'm gonna have to raise the "bs" flag on this one. Why? Cause I entered new stations on my stereo when I got my car and did not have this problem. I could be wrong though(yeah, imagine that ) but I'll look into it and let you know what I find.

TVW- LOL, was that in response to my "sit in the passenger seat, close your left eye................" solution to a previous problem?

Old 06-16-2005, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

ORIGINAL: mickey

then they will all stay

I'm gonna have to raise the "bs" flag on this one. Why? Cause I entered new stations on my stereo when I got my car and did not have this problem. I could be wrong though(yeah, imagine that ) but I'll look into it and let you know what I find.

TVW- LOL, was that in response to my "sit in the passenger seat, close your left eye................" solution to a previous problem?
MonteLS. I really liked that solution, hadn't I known the real solution, I would have just gone along with that one, or something very similar. LOL

Old 06-16-2005, 10:35 AM

well then share the weth this wors on my car and four others i know of to include a vet and a mini van.

So if there is another way let me know

but if you listen for that beap is should stay.
if you set te tune you like IE country,Jazz etc.. for that channel before you set it as a preset then hold the buton of your choice to have it as a pre set. till it beeps again. it should stick

other then that i guess the only thing i can tell ya is read YOUR manual . this is wher eit says how o do it also

Old 06-16-2005, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

MonteLS. I really liked that solution, hadn't I known the real solution, I would have just gone along with that one, or something very similar. LOL
ahahaha, I just wish somebody would take that serious and try it, rofl.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:14 PM

ok reread this , NO you dont have to hold the tone button andthe preset button at the same time

you need to set the station then set the tone then hold the preset you want it on till it beeps.

exampel

you want preset #1
tune your radio to 98.9(the one here)
set your tone to JAzz (if ya like base)
then push the number 1 buttn till it beeps

now when ya go to the next one repat it agian for all the buttons you want to

now you should beabel to go back and push the number 1 btton agian and it shoudl have the right tone and station

to check to see if the tone is right then push the tone button it shuld come up with the right tone that you have set
If it dose not then you need to talk to the dealer or someone else you might have a diffrent set up . But this has worked on Every GM i have done it with.

Quick Reply: Radio keeps reseting Tones