Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

5th Gen ('95-'99): Radio Buttons Fall Off

Old 05-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Default Radio Buttons Fall Off

The radio in my 96 Monte has buttons that easily fall off in use (power, tune, fade, bass,etc) I was thinking of sanding the metal rod slightly and trying crazy glue but not sure how well it would bond the metal to the plastic. Any suggestions or products that would be appropriate for this application?

Thanks!

Old 05-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

All of the ***** are loose now?

Well, some little dabs of crazy glue should work fine on them. Or you could just try regular white Elmer's Glue and see how well that holds up.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had the same issue when i had mine, the plastic ***** would crack and just fall off. Could try glueing it back on, otherwise i guess the only option is replace the radio.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:01 PM

Yeah eventually I will replace it but for now I found some cheap buttons in a salvage yard and going to try the crazy glue this weekend

Old 05-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I had the similar issue and I just took a Gum Wrapper and cut it and placed in inside the button and it just gives it a bit more tension and seats in tighter. there is also Ticky Tac that you could try also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.