Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Just call me Dubs
Default Projector headlights

Hey guys and girls I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about aftermarket projector headlights being made for the 00-05 Monte Carlo's.I ask this because I was on ebay looking for a few things for my girlfriends Grand Prix when I came across Projector headlights for her car.I've already changed her headlights to all black aftermarket headlights but when I was looking for these a couple months ago I didn't see them or they hadn't made them yet cause I found it strange that they made them for the Grand Am but not the Grand Prix and that goes the same for the Monte Carlo I haven't see these for the Monte Carlo but I have seen them for the Impala.Now why would they make it for one car but not the other.So if anyone has any info on this please let me know cause I would be first in line to get a pair.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/AC9B34C8F0F6407E9223BAE90B5D9B78.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/8EBD8A3D96FF4BBA87D220C0B7766A09.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Default RE: Projector headlights

Maybe the odd shape or lack of demand has caused for no projectors. I've always loved "angel eyes" so if I ever see a set for an 01 monte carlo, I would not hesitate to buy it (unless the price was absurd :P). There is always the possibility of someone making their own projectors. This summer I will be hitting up a junkyard to get a new bumper cover, and if I can nab another set of headlights then I might try something like this video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...mp;q=angel+eye

The only headlights I've seen on the internets are the black clear corner, clear corner (not black), black amber corner, and the OEM ones. I wish you luck finding a set! Godspeed.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM

Dopefish- Innnnnnnteresting.......When I get a pair of black headlightsI might try the angel eye thing out on my stock headlights to see how it looks. It's too bad our headlights are sealed so they require cutting to take them apart and do the angel eye thing. I think a pair of black headlights with clear corners, stealth signal bulbs, HIDs and some angel eyes would look SICK. With my red underglow, I wonder how some red angel eyes would look.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 PM

be careful with red angel eyes... a visible red light forward is ASKING for cop trouble!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM

It could get you in trouble, but if you use them as daytime driving lights (like most angel eyes I see nowadays) then you probably would be ok. But yeah, the cutting would suck, that is why I want to get an extra set of headlights and test it out before I cut up a pair of $240 headlights. All in all, I think angel eyes on a monte carlo would look wicked cool.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Dopefish

It could get you in trouble, but if you use them as daytime driving lights (like most angel eyes I see nowadays) then you probably would be ok.
Bottom line: No matter what it is illegal to use red or blue aftermarket lighting while in motion, and you WILL be ticketed or possibly arrested if caught.

Federal law mandates lighting on vehicles. If you have red, or blue (especially blue)on your vehicle while it is in motion it is assumed that you are impersonating an emergency worker which is punishable by up to5 years in prison and fines and court fees unless you are a peace officer or emergency worker.However, if you had red "angel eyes" and could turn them on or off, you could have them as long as you weren't in motion. (in most states this is true, in some, they don't allow any aftermarket lighting) Now a state may take that a step further. In MI you are NOT allowed to havered or bluelighting in your headlights or on your vehicle (with the exception of neon underglow and like license plate neons, I'm referring to lightbars, emergency lighting) at any time. In MI, neons are only allowed while stopped, when used in motion they are illegal. A citation is issued unless the person is using red or blue to inhibit the normal flow of traffic, then it could be punishable by a misdemeanor or felony.
You can use while in motion, white (foglights) or amber lights in the front, and only red in the rear of the vehicle. It may not oscilate, flash or have a strobe effect while in motion.