Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Power amp wire

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Power amp wire

what is the best location for the amps power wire? I cant really find any soft or hollow spots and its BLOWING MY DAY. Hints Tips all are welcome

Old 04-14-2012, 04:09 PM

ur running a amp power wire for aftermarket amp correct?? i find easyest way is took hook it up to aux post on the fuse box then run it in to fender and pull it out the passenger door take knife poke small hose in the black tubing for the door wires then feel under dash pull it through remove passenger side trim and seat lift the carpeting up enough to slide it under and zip tie it pull out the back seat bottom run wire up and around the seat zip tie if needed flip the back seat down slide the wire through the trunk carpeting and call it good! i hope this helps

Old 04-14-2012, 04:28 PM

Hook it up to head unit, run wire either right or left under the lower dash panel, tuck wire under sill panel and run back to trunk.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Midnight02
ur running a amp power wire for aftermarket amp correct?? i find easyest way is took hook it up to aux post on the fuse box then run it in to fender and pull it out the passenger door take knife poke small hose in the black tubing for the door wires then feel under dash pull it through remove passenger side trim and seat lift the carpeting up enough to slide it under and zip tie it pull out the back seat bottom run wire up and around the seat zip tie if needed flip the back seat down slide the wire through the trunk carpeting and call it good! i hope this helps
Thats pretty much how i ran mine just didnt zip tie it & im hooked directly to the battery

Old 04-14-2012, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile wired complete

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Thats pretty much how i ran mine just didnt zip tie it & im hooked directly to the battery
Its a wrap guyz all done and i did it b4 i could read this but i did it that way minus the zip but thanks. Me reading this lets me know its rite

Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by BeefSS
Its a wrap guyz all done and i did it b4 i could read this but i did it that way minus the zip but thanks. Me reading this lets me know its rite
Pull up your passenger side carpet and the black mat thingy and you will see a rubber square. Pull that rubber thing until it comes out and run the wire there. The wire will come up right by the firewall where you can secure it and connect it to the fuse box or battery. Dont forget to put the rubber piece back, I used a rubber mallet to tap it to get a good seal. I dont like running wires through doors, especially a power wire...

Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 PM

the black rubber thing on the passenger side is where mine went and also take a LONG screw driver and tape your power wire to it and push it REALLY HARD through it then go UNDER THE CAR and FIND IT THEN CONNECT IT TO A FUSE BLOCK THEN 18 INCHES TO THE BATTERY AND THATS HOW IT DONE SON.....ALSO TAKE A LOOK IN MY GARAGE AND CHECK OUTWHERE MY FUSE BLOCK IS MOUNTED YOU MIGHT LIKE IT

Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 PM

My friend just put in a Kenwood 1000 watt amp and twin Alpine 12 inch subs, and a digital capaciter last weekend, he put in a breaker up in the engine compartment, then ran the power wire from the Aux post in the engine compartment down and into the grommet in passenger side floor. Then along passenger side sill plate up under seat into trunk under carpet, very nice job, totally invisible!! Remote wire to fuse box on drivers side and on back through sill plate on drivers side. Gonna post a few pics, gotta take more, Monte bumps nice now!!

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Power amp wire-2012-04-07-09.16.42.jpg   Power amp wire-2012-04-08-17.12.39.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 PM

thats exzactly how i did mine and located the fuse block for power wire right on top of the black fuseand relay box in engine compartment and no wires seen same place for remote wire also

Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 AM

lol sry im one those guys i buy i car first thing i do is gut the whole car and vacuum every square inch of the car clean seat the carpet and replace parts that need be replaced and i take that time to run my amp wires and yea when i go sell car i say 2 the buyer every wanna run subs here they r i tryed get em out said naaaaaaaa 2 much effort
y i clear a day or 2 when i say hey im gunna go clean my car!

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Power amp wire