Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Opinion on undercar neons

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Default RE: Opinion on undercar neons

I dont like that kit. They do not give much info on the lengths and price seems a little high.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

thats not bad considering it comes with a remote and its a changing color system...looks pretty cool...let us know how you like them

Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 PM

True it doesn't give much info on the lenght but the thing that is nice about this is that it is easily expandable. Most of the LED kits that we have looked at are only expandable up to a certain amout. Like 6 or 8 additions. This one you can add on as much as you like and it is still only controled by one central unit. It's all daisy chained together. Other kits can only handle x amount of expansions before you need a separate controller and then you have no wayof syncing the systems together. We saw these at CES before they hit the market and the display they used was all 1 systemhooked together. Really your only limited to how much power you give it and how much space you have. These are a wide throw LED so you don't haveas much of a "line" as with other systems. But even with a normal old fashion neon kits your going to get a hot spot "line". Also LED's won't burn out as often, take a fraction of the powerand they are more durable to the bumps and elements. This kit has a huge variety of effects that you can do with it (single color, chasing/racing colors, fades, pre-programmed and programmable patterns). My BF has spent MUCH time looking into this since he is a lightning/sound engineer and it is the best kit that we have seen by far.

I'll let you all know the progress and will provide pictures and hopefully video when it is installed.[sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 02-26-2007, 10:34 PM

For anyone that's pretty good with electronics I found where you can buy those CCFL neons that are brighter and more durable than standard neon tubes (brighter and cheaper than LED's too) on ebay. I got myself like 6 of em for less than 20$. Haven't gotten the time to wire them up to the car (thinking interior lighting first, then underbody) but I did try them out with a computer box (same 12v dc as in car) and they were really bright, good looking too. The only drawback is you have to have a converter for them, and the range once it's converted is very limited, so you have to watch the wiring pretty carefully, and waterproof the converter's connections since it'll be under the car. On the interior it shouldn't be a problem, but under the car could be an issue.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: fwoggybaby

3 WEEKS AND COUNTING...[sm=devilangel.gif]
For my B-Day I'm getting the Color Morphics light kit for my Monte. http://www.digitalcarlighting.com/color-morphics-starter-kit.phpWe saw these at CES a couple of years ago and I've wanted them ever since. I'll post pics when it gets installed.
I want to see photos but OUCH!!! 419.. for the starter kit?
man im glad your ritch LOL
ya ever thought of a middel aged mouse? LOL
wife included with ruggies

Old 02-27-2007, 01:46 AM

Trust me Mickey I'm far from rich...I just don't have any thing else that needs the money or love right now. (no kids, pets, house, etc...) So all the extra money that I do save goes into my baby. Ben's out of town right now so when he gets back he's ordering the lights and then it's saving up for the install. We found a place that will do it for like $200 so hopefully within the next month or so. YEA for taxes!!!! I'll keep you posted and get pics when it's done.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:01 PM

i never said ya had to be rich, just figure your willing to spend you cash more then i am and more then the wife will allow me to.

But why dont you install them your self?
they are not that tuff. mos tof it is jsut making sure the wires dont get around moving parts or in the area of hot pipes

Old 02-27-2007, 10:33 PM

BOOYA!!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 PM

2 more pics of my whip with the neons

Old 02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

what underglow set do you have???

and if you can can you turn your lights to orange and take a pic?? i'd really like to see what orange looks like on a black monte...i had orange on my orange truck and they looked red, but if they look orange under the monte i may get them or is that orange in the bottom pic??

what headlights do you have in your car??

Quick Reply: Opinion on undercar neons