Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Opinion on undercar neons

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Opinion on undercar neons

i had all the interior stuff done on my first car...but i think thats a little too much for me right now...

it looks good...but i think i just want the undercar stuff

Old 02-05-2007, 12:48 AM

well i started on the inside becasue the local parts house had all of their neons 75% off and they diddnt have any under car neons so i got what i could get

Old 02-05-2007, 04:48 AM

see i started doign some of it figureing jsut making some curtisy lights. and also to allwo me to find some thing if it hit the floor at night.

but then the dash lights started to flicker and they would not fix them. and i could not figure it out. So i put the LED's in the dash figureing that even if the factory dash lights would not work i could always run apower lead to teh LED's and light them for the whole dash and not have to worry to much about staring any fires etc.. littel did i know tha tafter i did the LED's int he dash i would cure the issue of my flickering dash lights to.
then i did the switches because they looked out of place being white with everthing else being U.V. puprle (should have been blue)

and over here you cant find the under car kits unless you want Blue tha tis the only colors they can get or will order so for me it was eaiser to do the inside stuff.
i havent done any of the vents etc.. never seen a need for it. but have been told that it would help complete the insie for the lighting at night. i just dont care for them if they burn out they look like crap having part of them lit and not all.

the other stuff i have plans to do will be in the trunk as i do plan to build it to look nice instead of just having the box tossed in tehre i would like to build it in there na dmake it all look nice just havent gotten that far yet.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:36 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't like them - too ricey. I am old school and I want to keep the muscle car stock look with out the light show.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: red06SS

I am thinking about putting red neons under and in my car. I have had them on other vehicles and look really nice. A real head turner. What do you think.
I guess neons are cool if executed properly. I don't think I'd put them on a car of my own, but that's just me.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:02 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

if done well and not over done i think it is POSIBLE for them to look good but its still a chevy so i really dunno if i would do that then again i have a blue interior so do what ever you feel like its your monte

Old 02-06-2007, 02:24 AM

I did LED's on mine and regretted it. The tubes weren't long enough and the LED's made more of a straight line on the ground than actually distributing the light under the car. Needless to say it was a waste of money. If I do it again, I'll go with Streetglo Gold Series, I have seen these on a few cars and they look fantastic. Also the install was a bit of a pain, not too many places to moun them.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:21 PM

I have one red neon strip under my dash. I always wanted to get an underbody set. Does anyone know how much they cost? And how do you hook these things up, to the battery? Or am I better off getting these things installed professionally???

Old 02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

they're not the hardest to do...just time consuming...

i think the streetglow's range anywhere from 200-400 bucks for a set...

if your going neon go with the street glow gold...if led, then there is only one brand for street glow

just make sure you put a fuse in the line to the battery

Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM

3 WEEKS AND COUNTING...[sm=devilangel.gif]
For my B-Day I'm getting the Color Morphics light kit for my Monte. http://www.digitalcarlighting.com/color-morphics-starter-kit.phpWe saw these at CES a couple of years ago and I've wanted them ever since. I'll post pics when it gets installed.

Quick Reply: Opinion on undercar neons