Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

New Pioneer Premier AVIC-F90bt Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Default New Pioneer Premier AVIC-F90bt Installed!!!

Hey guys, I just installed my AVIC-f90bt Saturday night. Took me 3 hours, let me know what you think... Thoughts, opinions, criticisms, likes, dislikes are all appreciated!!! Let me know if these pics dont show up please.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 AM

Hi Sean,
No the pic's did not stick : (
I have the best luck with PhotoBucket.com
Check it out, and they have great instructions on
how to load/copy/paste etc.
Give your written review on your system.
R U happy with it.
Good Luck from `Space

Old 06-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Default Try # 2.

If this doesnt work, will someone explain how they upload pics usually?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 AM

sorry the screen isnt a little clearer on that last shot guys, but so far, heres my review. Remember, I have only had it for a day.

Installation - Long, but easy if you know your stuff, there are just a lot of wires to hide, connect, and so on.

Look - Looks great and fits in the dash much better than my previous pioneer which was a single din and also silver.

Fuctionality - The start up of the system is fairly slow, it takes a minute to a minute and a half to fully start up, but music begins playing usually withing 30 seconds. The touch screen, once calibrated, works pretty well, the navigation, not sure yet haha, I havent used it for navigation purposes yet, just to watch it as I drove, which is very accurate in both location and speed, and I didnt even bother installing the VSS wire. The blue tooth, its a pretty cool function, havent used it much yet, but people Im talking to say they cant hear the difference from that and my reg phone, but on my end, it could be a little clearer, but nothing to complain about. Hmmm, what else, I mean I havent watched a dvd in it yet, nor really had time to do much else yet, but the sound quality is just the same if not better than my previous pioneer which had similar 4v pre outs and a 7 band EQ. So far, over all im happy with this unit, just wish it started up a little fast, which supposely the Firmware 3.0 is supposed to do that as well as update the maps and give more options in the mapping such as track up rather than always having north up. Gets confusing when your driving south if you know what I mean... Looks like your traveling backwards when you look at the screen. Any questions feel free to ask

Old 06-29-2009, 06:54 AM

`Sean, Looks Super 4 Sure...I love it.
Pictures showed
Luv your white gauges also : )
Thanks for sharing/posting.
How long did it take you ?
On a 1 to ten, How would you rate it ?
Great Mod 4-Sure
EnJoy

Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 AM

Thanks! I like them too, not to be picky, but they are silver, which matches my car, but my girlfriend meant to buy white and bought the silver on accident which worked out in my favor. Id post a pic but dont have one right now. I love the guages though. As far as the install, it took 3 hours from begining to end. As far as a rating, as of right now, I would say like a 6 or 7 out of 10 but that could probably go up when I use/ find use for the rest of the functions lol. I will re-post in a week or so and let you know what I think. I may be being a little harsh on that too, cuz I was in love with my other pioneer, but I just gotta get used to this one, thats all, so Ill say a solid 7 with room for improvement

Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

JEALOUS!!!! that's the one i want it really looks good! thanks for posting pics. i have been wondering how that exact unit would look in our cars. did you have to do any cutting of the bezel area on the console to get it to fit correctly?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

From the pics it looks like it's a great fit. Very cool!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 PM

Nah, no cutting at all, well except for that plastic stuff behind our radios, you gotta get most of that out. that was easy, I just grabbed in and ripped it out/cracked it out with plyers and then filed down the edges to smoothen it out. Other than that, it just took forever because there are so many wires and stuff along with the GPS antenna and microphone. I will tell you though, visit avic411.com and read up on the f-series posts, theres posts on how to modify it so you can watch dvds and set the nav while driving and stuff like that. Hope you get yours soon!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

very awesome!! i'll have to check that site out. thanks!

where is the microphone for the bluetooth mounted? or is it built right into the unit?

Quick Reply: New Pioneer Premier AVIC-F90bt Installed!!!