Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

New Kenwood Deck Installed!! :)

Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Kenwood Deck Installed!! :)

I received my Kenwood KIV-701 Digital media receiver today in the mail. I got it installed tonight too and dang this thing is awesome!! It sounds fantastic! I played around a little with the settings (there are a lot) and tried to get a feel for the user interface. It's definitely more complex than any unit I've had before, and it looks like I've got some learning to do. It seems to do just about everything a double din player can do minus nav, in a single din unit. Right now I've got it hooked up to a USB drive. I don't have an Ipod however, as this unit is very Ipod oriented. It works great though. I can also use aux in with my Droid, but it doesn't display the song info.

Here are some pics:

Right when I got it out of the box. Since this is a Digital Media Receiver, there is no CD slot. This means more room for a nice display. And this thing is nice for being a single din. I like the clean face. Only a few buttons.

The rear. It has 3 sets of preamps which I am planning to use in the future. Right now I am only using the subwoofer out. It also has usb, aux in, video out, ipod input, rear view camera input, and a few others.

Making my wiring harness. Pretty simple.

It was snowing and dark, but I got it installed. It has a feature where you can set the color of the LEDs on the display to any color. I was real excited for this so I could match the other blue LEDs of my dash.

Close up at night.

With Flash.

I'll get some better pics in the daytime and post those up too.. but I was too excited I had to show you all tonight :p So far I'm liking it!

Thanks for looking as always!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Nice! Good choice with the Linkin Park too

Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM

It looks great...I'll pass on the Linkin Park though unless its the older stuff.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Nice! Good choice with the Linkin Park too
Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
It looks great...I'll pass on the Linkin Park though unless its the older stuff.
Thanks guys. I really like linkin park. Their older stuff is better than their newer stuff too.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:25 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Good

Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks good, i notice the leather cover on the cd case area, there anything in there or did you just decide to cover the hole up?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
looks good, i notice the leather cover on the cd case area, there anything in there or did you just decide to cover the hole up?
I ran my usb and aux cable into there just last night. I made it in the beginning to just cover it up to make it look nicer.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 AM

Does it have usb input i cant really tell from the pics?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlownUptoHigh
yeah it does

I'm not a huge fan of the big *****, I think they take up a lot of space that could be used for more screen lol but I like this one and it looks good!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by BlownUptoHigh
Originally Posted by trewyn15
yeah it does

I'm not a huge fan of the big *****, I think they take up a lot of space that could be used for more screen lol but I like this one and it looks good!
Yep it's got a USB in the rear and actually comes with a pretty long cord. I ran the cord down to the cd holder behind my bowtie cover a long with the aux input for easy acess.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Kenwood Deck Installed!! :)