Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

New JL Audio system is IN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New JL Audio system is IN!

FINALLY, my system is complete! Only things left are some finishing of the trunk: trunk mat, left side panel, lid liner, and a cover between the lights.
The amps are JL Audio 300/4v2 and 1000/1v2, and are mounted on a rack, black plexiglass, and lit overhead with blue LEDs. The Onstar module is mounted on the back, and is now totally hidden.

The subs are JL Audio 12W6s mounted in a custom box, also lit with blue LEDs. The box has a clear plexiglass front with a black vinyl overlay to match the side panel. The vinyl I had, and will be replaced with something higher quality down the road. The "Intimidator SS" badge was on the drivers side before it was repainted this spring, and they put a new badge on.

Notice the Onstar module in GONE! (Not really, just moved)

The speakers in the doors and rear deck were also replaced with JL Audio speakers, and tweeters added in the A pillars up front. 6 1/2" components went into the doors. Rears were replaced becaused the JL Audio speakers just plain outperformed the Pioneers that were in the. New speakers ar JL Audio TR690TXi 6x9's 3-ways in the rear, and a combo set of tweeters and 6 1/2" door speakers, JL Audio TR650CSi.

New RCA wires were also run, higher quality ones than what was there before. The electrical panel still powers the system with an Optima yellow top battery, and has the factory deck, 12v, 110v, and rear RCA input jacks, with Sirius and XM tuners tucked back in there, also.
The 4 Pioneer speakers that came out will be going into LadyT's '99 Silverado Z71 Sportside.
You like?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Default RE: New JL Audio system is IN!

holy crap d00d, u tryin to outdo me or what?! lmao

looks damn good man keep up the good work

Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 PM

Looks really nice~!!

Some day i hope to finish mine LOL I still need to replace the 4 channel amp for the frotn speakers and then also replace the front speakers again. with the componets
This time i will make sure to have them mounted in a better place so that hopefully if they decid to attempt it it wont be worth it for them to try and get them out.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:12 PM

It's what EVERY 54 year old man needs, right?

Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 PM

that and a ever lasting supply of your bevrage of choice and the remote wiht the lazyboy LOL

Old 05-25-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm just curious about your front stage setup, it's unique to say the least. Do you have two sets of tweets up front or did you really have them install the lone set of tweets so far from the midrange driver? I'm asking because it's pretty much a general rule that you should install the tweeter within 8" or so of the midrange, but I also know that tweets mounted up high raise the soundstage. The one thing that worries me about a setup like this though is phase alignment, but I guess your deck can take care of that since it's got a built in automatic phase alignment feature.

A friend of mine has a pretty sick setup in his car, he's using CDT Audio's UpStage setup in his car. It's pretty much a very high end xover with a blending module and a set of tweeters mounted in the A-pillars to compliment the components he's already got in his kickpanels and basically the blending module gradually shifts the high frequencies to the front tweeters only resulting in a soundstage that 's about 6" off the dash and seems to come from beyond the windshield. It's awesome.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:25 PM

my head unit allows you to change the sound stage in it also. but not as much as i would liek to for controll but i can change it to diffret ones and they allow it to foucus diffrent frq's at diffrent levels etc... it is pretty kool feture . but i really need to get in to it more so i can actually get the sound out of it i want lol

Old 05-25-2008, 03:03 PM

what I like about our head unit (RocknSS04 and I have the same one, the P880-PRS) is that it comes with a microphone that you plug into the faceplate and then you place the microphone on the driver side headrest, select auto time alignment and then exit the vehicle and let it do it's thing. It will automatically adjust to time alignment based on how far away each speaker is from the microphone to adjust for the best staging/imaging possible.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:12 PM

i dont have that in mine but it has enough things to adj. to make ya go mad LOL
Pioneer AVIC-4\
Also just added the blue tooth in to it so i now have hands free phone threw the stereo.

The one thing on rockn's i do like is the way he has the trunk inclosed. Some day i will get mine finished up agian but i think i will see what i cna do for more lighting on it.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:38 AM

Pretty sweet decks, the Pioneer P880. As far as I know, the factory tweeter is still hooked up, plus the new A pillar tweeter, I guess I don't really know that one. I know that I don't notice the tweeters SOUNDING too high. The system is as perfect as I could imagine, IMO. Crisp and clear, through all the range. Never had one THIS clear.

Quick Reply: New JL Audio system is IN!