Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Need help getting to the ignition harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Default Need help getting to the ignition harness

So I think I found a wiring diagram with the correct Accessory wire....
The problem is that its in the Ignition Harness....I have pretty much everything ripped out of the dash and still cannot get to the ignition harness at all.........taking the 2 bolts out of the dash that hold it in place do Nothing for me, contrary to what the dealership told me.....
I am doing all this to install an aftermarket doble din touchscreen cd player and there is no acc wire in the cars wiring harness
(yes, i tested every wire/pin with a voltage tester)

Any one have any help they could offer? thanks in advance for any advice

Old 03-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Need help getting to the ignition harness

ok first off this is really easy.
go to the stereo shop and get the connector plugs for the G.M. this will interface the stereo to the car and all it is then is plug and play for the most part and it will do the acc. wires for you.
All you will ahve to do is wire the stereo to this harness. and this is pretty straight forward. and the stereo will tell you what wires go where.

I guess im lost on what wire your looking for. what do you wan it to do?
If you are just looking for the stereo to come on while the motor is not runnign it is part of the harness for the factory stereo BUT REMEBER it will not show as on/off till you open the door.
our cars hav ethat where the stereo will stay on till the door is opend up. same with the dome light.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:30 PM

My Radio and some accessories are still on until I open a door. But, the headlights, reverse lights and interior lights stay on for 30-seconds after I close the door or re-click the Lock Button on the Key Fob.

Then, the exterior lights go off and the interior lights dim like there's going to be a performance on the dashboard after I'm inside the house.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

ok first off this is really easy.

TYPICALLY
, I agree.........I have actually been doing stereo installs for years
........ but just like i said in the original thread AND why i am needing help...............
i checked every PIN/WIRE in the cars harness that would plug into this "harness" that is (yes, very easy) to wire to the stereo, the problem is that the cars harness does not have an ACC wire......I have been told that the ACC wire that needs to be "tapped" into is actually in the ignition harness....
the dealership as well as "my local audio shop" both confirmed this with the 2003 Monte Carlo LS.....

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 AM

if this is the case then you might be abel to get it at the BCM.
i will do some checking and see if i can get the scanner to work i have th ewireing diagram for our cars. and see if i can find a acc wire for you.

but to get it right.
you are looking for the acc wire so when you trun the ing. switch to acc the stereo will stay on . is this correct?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM

Exactly!! Trying and failing miserably......[&:]
Thanks for the help

Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 AM

ok i have soem time today i will see what i can find for ya.