Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

my system

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: my system

you should post pics of that...sounds like an awesome system...i wanna see this...how come you went with r.f subs when you have alpine everything else

Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm working on it. I have to get a new dig. camera. Mine took a ****. I chose alpine speakers for the interior cuz I'm not a huge fan of the rf's. I've had problems with them. It's like RF has the best subs and Alpine has the best clarity for mids and highs. I like my bass loud and the RF's definitely deliver on that. I had two 12' alpine type x's in there for awhile. The alpine is a good all-around sub. But it wasn't loud enough for me. lol. Cuz of the shop i jus like messing around with my car. Throwing in different components to find out what sounds that best. It doesn't all have to be one brand. I'm not an installer like my brother so I don't have a vast knowledge of sounds but I've been learning as I go.

when i find something i like i'm gonna do a bunch of fiberglass work but for right now its jus kinda chillin in the back. pics soon i hope.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member

alpine type x's weren't loud enough for you???

must not have been a powerful enough amp because i had 2 type R 12's and i was in the 140db range and i would only imagine that type X's would be louder yet...

but yes i do agree with you that alpine makes awesome speakers

Old 05-18-2007, 02:24 PM

the x's are different than the r's. in my opinion, the r's are louder than the x's due to the fact that the type x is a different type of sub. i forget what its called but it can be used as a midrange speaker too. believe it or not, the people that buy them the most are like geriatrics. i was surprised. i only had one type r 15' and that pounded by itself. so alpine is the ****, but im diggin the RF's for now.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Head Unit
CarPC
JVC AR860

Front Speakers
CDT CL-61 components

Rear Speakers
Pioneer TS-A6981R

Subwoofer
10" Infinity Kapp Perfect 10.1
Custom made box

Amps
Speaker Amp: Alpine V12 MRV-F345
Sub Amp: Alpine V12 MRD-M605

Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Two12" Kicker Comps
300W Kicker amp
Stock head unit
(the loudest comps I have ever heard and I get a lot of compliments)

Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Since were on the topic, My "SYSTEM" is the factory package....Its a premium sound i guess....Thats what the guy at the sound shop said...There is a factory amp under the deck in the back....I personally think it sounds great but i want to add some subs... apparently this is a pain in the *** and they never come out sounding good with the factory head unit and that factory amp....Anyone know of a good idea on how to make the system work and sound good while keeping the factory head unit/amp/front and real speakers?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: MonteSS2001

Since were on the topic, My "SYSTEM" is the factory package....Its a premium sound i guess....Thats what the guy at the sound shop said...There is a factory amp under the deck in the back....I personally think it sounds great but i want to add some subs... apparently this is a pain in the *** and they never come out sounding good with the factory head unit and that factory amp....Anyone know of a good idea on how to make the system work and sound good while keeping the factory head unit/amp/front and real speakers?
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94

Old 06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member

i would like to have either this

OR

2 of alpine type r 12's

that will be my choices of subs for the monte

Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 PM

My system consists of:

Kenwood Excelon x491 Head Unit
Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5" Front Components
Phoenix Gold RSD series 6x9 Rear
(2) Concept 10" DVC subs in Sealed box (In thetrunk, facing the back of the seats)
Pioneer 300w amp for the components
Kicker KX1200.1 mono amp for the subs

I just got her done today. I wired in the head unit without that overpriced wiring harness. It was really not that bad at all. There were a couple scares, onewhen I hooked up an orange wire to 12v power on accident. This caused my radio to not power up, andmy security systemwouldn't let me start my car...[:@] But that was my mistake. There are 2 orange wires, one is 12v constant power, the other apparently isn't...

Good news is I lost my door chimes, and lost the not-so-good sound I was getting from using a LOC. I really can tell a difference.

[/align]

Quick Reply: my system