Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

My new purchase....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My new purchase....

Well guys, finally just ordered my Underbody lights for my Monte... I know some people like them, and some people dont. Im not too sure on the laws here too, but, well see soon enough. Hopefully Ill have pics and video up by this weekend! anyone know any tips for installing them?

Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Default RE: My new purchase....

what kinda of underbody lites did u buy?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM

PATIENCE and a damn good drill bit. put the control box somewhere in the middle of the car so all the wires will reach it. and tuck all the wires away.just take your time and have patience. and doing it on ur back with the car not on a lift will be a pain in the ****.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:29 PM

it is a pain, all i used was a single jack to pick the car up enough just so i could get under the car a little better and move easier.i put my control box on the divider between the driver and passenger seat and then ran the wires through the middle counsel and down by the passenger's feet(had to pull back the fabric and take a few plastic guards off), drilled ahole for the power and another hole for the wiresfor the lights themselvesand then caulked them with some waterproof firecaulk(since i did drill through the firewall). put the lights up using the brackets they gave me and moutned the wires with the brackets they gave me, worked out very nice although the plasitc gaurd in the front of the car did block the lights a little and now imthinking bout poppin it off and cuttin the words monte carlo ss out of it so when i turn the lights on thewords glow in front of the carand one piece of advice is make sure all the lights work and work properly b4 puttin them in...it is just a b*tch ifyou have to take them out just to replace one bulb that u noticed didnt work after u put them in